Quote Originally Posted by RZL36 View Post
I give my long term captive king snake a kiss every once-in-awhile. I know it is gross, but she is so adorable. Probably not the best thing to do.

It's really cool that he is so into the snake. It serves as a great way to get the kid to be interested in reading and science.

I remember when I was about 9 (24 now)I got a ball python. I read so much about him and was fascinated by biology ever since. Yet, it was all that reading that probably compelled me to write for a living years later. In any event, it's an excellent hobby and one that promotes knowledge gathering. Welcome to the forum and enjoy the new snake.
My son is absolutely ape over animals, how they act, behave, mate, etc. Not just house pets, but things in the oceans, crocodiles, animals like insects, crickets, worms, ugh, sometimes the boy can drive me nutso. One of his heros was Steve Irwin, "Crocodile Hunter," and when he died, he watched the news reports and all that with me. I fear he thinks there are no fears to have with animals because of how easy Steve made it look, so I want him to have knowledge about what he can and cannot touch and how to do it safely.

Thanks again for the welcome.