So, my Cali Red arrived today and is getting settled in. However I ran into an unexpected problem: None of the stores in my neighborhood carry anything other than goldfish or minnows as feeder fish. I never thought about sourcing them in advance because I frankly didn't expect shops to have stopped selling the common guppies. I worked at PetCo 15 years ago, and no only did we STOCK the common guppies for really cheap, we also had no trouble pointing someone in the right direction if they needed something we didn't carry (even if it was sending them to Petsmart!). The kids working there now looked at me like I grew a second head when I asked for them. What have these stores come to?

Long story short, (too late) I can't believe I have to ask this, but does anyone in St. Louis know a reliable source for guppies? I've found two places that carry them so far while calling around, but neither are conveniently located, one is out of stock, and the other may not have any small enough (mine is MAYBE the length of my hand.

Ideally I want to set up to breed my own, but even if I were to start today I'd be looking at at least a month before there's even a litter, much less any fry large enough to actually use.

My local Walmart carries baby nightcrawlers so I at least have something to feed her for now, but she's too small for pinkies right now even if I chop them up first. The breeder already had them on guppies so I want to continue on them until she's big enough for chopped pinkies.