Back in August my pregnant DeKay's Brown Snake (the father is in the tank too) gave birth to 5 little babies, they've all been doing well so far. Last night I saw what appeared to be a mutilated baby snake, there was no blood or anything but I think I saw the spine. I took it out and it was just too thick and had too much color to be a shed skin. Now today, I just came home from school and found another, this time it was just the head missing a chunk and again no blood, but if I moved the tail right the muscles would spasm and the tail would move on it's own a little. So now I'm almost certain that two of my snakes have died, and I don't know why. What could cause this? The only thing I could possibly think of is there are two crickets inside the tank too and I wonder if maybe they would attack them for food if plants ran low. This is upsetting and concerning, will more die? Could it be bacterial/viral? Please help.

EDIT: I feel awful for this, it must have been the crickets and this is my fault for being negligent, I will promptly remove them.