I was a bit worried since he ate less than usual last weekend and earlier this week, but I gave him a pinkie for the first time yesterday and it took it right away (once I scented it with worm smell). I was skeptical about the scent working since he had refused a worm the same morning, but it worked.

I'm continuing the bath treatment because I haven't been particularly good at giving him 2 baths per day (sometimes I was only back long after dark), but the lump seems a bit bigger today. Nothing as dramatic as the first time I thought it had grown, but still...

Do you guys know any anti-inflamatory drugs that can be used for garter snakes. The vet said that would be the next step and she has already prepared a prescription, but, I believe the name they mentioned was metacam and I'm a bit reluctant to go for that, in part because it's probably really expensive since it's a vet-prescription only drug but also because, from what I've read about it, it doesn't seem appropriate. It's said to be only for cats and dogs and the most accurate measurement (to avoid overdose) is one drop per half-pound. My snake doesn't even weigh a quarter of a pound. How am I supposed to split a drop?