Any experience on lethargy and these sympotoms? There hadn't been any more bloody piles since Wednesday. I had to wait until my paycheck went in to afford the vet, so I've been soaking and monitoring closely, offering food daily. Blackie still hasn't eaten, but she's also not leaving blood trails or anything. I will go to the vet in the morning, but I've got flagyl (liquid formulation) right now. I already got a flagyl dose in Stripes, via food, but Blackie's had no medication yet.

I can tell Blackie doesn't feel good, she's too still. I know from treating rabbits and mice, once there are outward symptoms of illness its really bad, and you've only got about 24 hours to help, but they can rally back if you avt in time. But I also know that turtles can be sick for a long time before succombing, and they can rally back from some really horrible, prolonged stuff. I know this is weird to ask a forum, but do snakes give you enough time? If she's slowing down now, will she make it to the vet in the morning? I know you can't tell me from a medical point of view, but from an ancedotal experience. Can snakes rally? Any awesome stories of pulling through? Or is it more predicatable that I'm not gonna win this unless I do an emergency vet visit tonight? If a snake is "acting sick" are they already very,very sick?

Basically what I was hoping to get from the forum was an understanding of whether there's a bunch of other things that might cause the same symptoms. Like a live birth issue, or mating, or pigment, or a seasonal change. We should have gotten to the vet already, but now I'm just trying make a good call with what's in front of me right now. What I've got is a sick snake on a Sunday afternoon, and the vet is closed till morning.