Yesterday I found a small green anole on the dog bed in the house. Needless to say he didn't come into the house on his own and has suffered some trauma.

Only obvious sign was a tail hanging by a thread, but the little guy was barely moving, eyes are completely shut, and while primarily green there are various brown discolorations along with black spots behind each closed eye (supposedly black spots are a sign of stress).

Soooo....only cage I had was an 8 gallon critter keeper with a plastic top. Put a heating pad around that, a plastic plant, and misted it down. With the plastic top on the critter keeper I can't use a lamp for heat.

This morning the little guy is still alive and currently more active, trying to walk around a bit however his eyes are still closed, I haven't seen him open them. Is that a sign of eye injury?

Any advice? I feel encouraged that he survived the night. Should I just keep things as they are, providing warmth, misting and keeping the little guy quiet for 2-3 days? I don't want to invest in a setup unless/until I believe he will survive.

Photos below:

anole4.jpganole5.jpganole_cage.jpg