I am sad to report that Scar, my friend now for nearly two years, passed away on Thursday. I had just returned home from a 10+ hour work shift when I found him.

Some of you may recall that Scar had some problems with food. He would regurgitate anything more than a single worm. This was within the last few months. I tried feeding him multiple times a week with smaller portions - one worm cut into thirds, typically - and he responded well to the feeding. Just a month or so ago, I even got him some fish that he ate happily and didn't regurgitate at all.

Within the last three weeks, Scar started to regurgitate more often again, even on his diet of frequent small meals. Last week he started refusing food. It wasn't unusual behavior for him. I figured he was getting ready to shed. The last day he was alive, Wednesday, he seemed more lethargic than normal in the morning before I left for work. When he came back he didn't seem any worse.

I don't know what happened. Cuddles, on the exact same feeding routine, maintains good weight, never regurgitates, and is very active.

Scar is now buried in my backyard, in a spot where I plan to plant a flower this spring. Whatever happened to him, he's in a better place now. I miss him very much.