Interesting experience tonight.

Vlad, my male Cuitzeo, isn't the most outgoing chap, he comes out but tends to dive for cover as soon as his viv is opened. He's one of my "handle when necessary" snakes because it seems to stress him out.

Lacci, my female Cuitzeo, is the opposite, she'll slither out to my hand as soon as I open the viv most times and will happily wind around my wrist and stay out for a while.

I'd cleaned the girls' water and Lacci came out to investigate (and see if I had any food...) so I handled her for 5 minutes or so. I then noticed my male radix was out and about in the viv above the girls, so thought I'd give him a quick check as he's always happy to be held. While I was holding him close to his open viv I noticed Vlad's nose appear from his hide (Vlad is shacked up with Lipwig, the radix) so I put Lipwig back close to the hide and left my hands just inside the viv. Vlad slowly came out of the hide tasting the air towards my hands, and then slithered onto my hands and up my arm as far as my elbow, before turning around and heading back in.
This is unprecedented behaviour for him, and I can only imagine that Lacci had covered my hands with fresh pheromones and that Vlad was feeling like a bit of action. Poor little guy just got to cruise up my arm, not a girl in sight.

Just something else that reinforces the production of pheromones in garters, and (following Inga's experience with her San Frans today) also marries up to the principle that Autumn breeding is fairly common place.