Was thinking of an idea for a product I could provide in the winter since it looks like I'll not be going back to CA anytime soon. Something I could ship in cold weather when I'm not selling snakes. I was thinking... there's a heck of a lot of moss around here and I've used it in my tanks before, live and dried. It's good stuff. There's also licorice ferns which are pretty neat in that they don't require soil. They get their nutrients from the air. You just need an object for the Rhizome to attach itself to, adequate moisture (they just drop the leaves and go dormant without moisture, but they survive and come right back)

A great way to decorate your enclosures. Add live moss or ferns to your vivarium. No soil required, and the live moss/ferns can grow on objects that are moveable. Dead, dried moss makes great ground cover and I could provide that too.

Possible applications:

Examples of what I can provide:

Ferns and moss:

Live moss on wood:

Live moss:

Licorice Fern:

Licorice fern in the wild showing that it does not need soil. Can just grow on wood, rocks, etc.

Please take the poll. Any suggestions for pricing in a way that will be competitive with existing sources, questions or concerns, etc. are welcome as is any other comments / input. Dangit, I meant to allow a 3rd option, "Maybe" but I screwed up.