This morning I woke up to a rather unpleasant surprise. I know I mentioned earlier that I suspected my albino checkered female was gravid. Well it turns out she was, but she dropped her babies way too early. The babies were almost done but they had not absorbed their yolks yet. Some of them were barely alive but most were dead and the rest were on their way out... Very sad... then as I was picking up all the stillborns out of the corner of my eyes I saw one that was not dead or dying. I picked the little guy up, somehow this tiny, premature baby garter snake was able to free itself from the sac and had managed to survive. This little snake is so small, the size of a newborn dekay's! But it seems to be alert and active! A bit thin, I don't think he absorbed the yolk, but he was apparently far enough along to where he managed to make it. I put him in a deli with wet paper towel as he was dry and needed to shed, when I get home from work tonight, we shall see how this little survivor is doing. it seems maybe this one was born to fight, so hopefully he will start eating quickly so that he doesn't starve! I'll post a picture tonight after work!