It's been about 2 weeks since I found and rescued Oscar (less than 1ft baby garter snake). He was being picked apart by a crow at the bottom of my street. He needed help. I brought him in my house and set up a nice cage for him. While inspecting his damages caused by the bird. I found 2 lumps which at the time I thought were just from the skin being pecked at. He had minimum use of his lower half. The bird was trying to break his spine directly in the mid of his little body. :-( So, I have been letting him heal and relax. Only taking him out or, going in his cage to feed or inspect him.

He has eaten possibly 2 crickets in this time frame. I'm not sure how badly he is hurt. However, he doesnt use his lower half. He just drags it along with him. He seems ok. But to look at his wounds you know otherwise. Now, where the bird had cause the lumps are open sores. Pretty deep! I dont know if this is part of the healing for him or, if he rubbed the scabs off by accident. I have been loosing my mind worrying about this little guy and trying to save his life.

I live in PA and there is pretty much no help or vet's here that know anything about wild snakes. I have many animals, some very exotic. I need some help to save this little guys life. I would be heart broken if something were to happen to him! I have no intentions on letting him go esp. being hurt and it being cold out already. He just simply wont survive. And I could not let him die alone after being tortured the way he was.

I'm new here, just joined today. I need urgent help for baby Oscar!

Thank you,

Jessy