Well kinda anyway. I have been reading up on caring for Garters for months. Too much reading possibly as I think I have started to forget things, age I would suspect. anyway, here is my snake, my 6 year old daughter named it but it fits.

I don't know the species for certain, I am leaning toward common northwestern garter but it is only an educated guess. Maybe someone will be able to identify her, again an educated guess, from the pictures.

Coloring is only starting to come in true. It, (she), is only 6 inches long so still very young. I know the bedding is probably not the best but I didn't know better, so I guess I will be looking for something to replace the corn cob soon. I don't let her eat on the bedding if I can help it, so far no ingestion of the cob.

I will have tons of questions, I ask if I don't know and can't find anything I trust searching the web.

Before I ask too much a positive ID will be needed so take a look and let me know. I would guess It prefers aquatic as it was found over a drainage ditch on a culvert. It spends a lot of time in the water container I have for it. I have coconut coir fiber and peat moss on hand. Still a lot of stuff to get it as far as proper lighting and a heated something but that is another topic in another forum.