I don't know about any of you guys, but I'm pretty isolated in my passion for herps and more so garters.
Occasionally I meet someone who used to have a boid or an iguana, or people who think it's cool that I have herps and/or disappointed that they're not big ones.
In essence, until I came to this forum I was very lonely. It's a little better now and I also know I'm not sufficiently pro-active - like I don't go to the meetings of the herpetological society (well, it's a bit of a journey)
Anyway, in the past week I met two people who are into herps and I so hope the connection will happen. One is a friend of a friend who doesn't have any right now and is excited to meet mine (yes, even the garters) and the other is a guy on the Subway who overheard Mikhaila and me talking about Drache and chimed in. He has two beardie females and we talked about having them meet Henner. I gave him our phone number, but we didn't have the time to get his before his stop. I so hope he follows through.
How is is that in a place this big and populated I have to convert my daughter's friends to herp nuts in order to have company? Am I just too weird?