I just got my first snake from Petco about a week ago, and I have a lot of questions.
It was sold as "garter snake", but I don't know the subspecies. I think it might be a ribbon snake. Here is a picture (I hope, this is my first time posting on a forum):
percy 2.jpg

I've been feeding him minnows every other day or so. Is that healthy enough for him? Should I give him vitamin or mineral supplements? Should I feed him other foods besides just minnows, or are they good enough? Am I feeding him too often? He didn't eat all of his last meal...

He runs and hides almost every time I approach his cage. I think it might be because I had started handling him a lot a few days after I got him. I don't do that anymore, but how do I get him to settle down and get used to me? I'm okay with not getting to hold him, but I'd like to at least watch him explore his cage.

I currently have him in a 10-gallon terrarium. Is that big enough? He's small enough to fit in my palm (and I am not a big person), but he's really long.

I have a ZooMed 10-20 gallon sized undertank heater on the side of his terrarium, and use the room lighting for his day-night cycle. Will he be warm enough? Is the light sufficient?

Sorry for making such a long post!