this happens from time to time- somehow one or more garters are not working out in their group
sometimes it's just that they've grown at a different pace, and sometimes it seems to be personality stuff
so it's been happening in a couple of tanks and I had to reshuffle almost all of them which is what I did yesterday. of course it's always a risk, because the troubled snake might not get along any better with the new cage mates. thankfully it seems to have worked out
my biggest concern this time was Chloe, my lovely pallidulus from Terry. she was rooming with two t.s.sirtalis, one of them a florida blue, and for some reason there was too much shooting about and tail-whipping going on - the florida blue and Cloe kept upsetting each other. first it was just at meals, but then it would erupt at odd times.
now, Chloe is housed with my two largest garters, Sammy (sirtalis) and Thing (parietalis). these are two big mellow ladies, and Chloe settled right down with them
Blubabe (the florida blue) has moved in with a couple of radix ladies, and is suddenly much more visible; I think she was hiding a lot before
I'm glad it seems to be working out. I prefer not to keep garters solitary