I purchased a small silent pump, netting, hydro balls, etc.,(zoomed waterfall kit) and happened upon some clear plastic packaging material that will serve a re purpose of containing enough water for such a feature in my new
55gal long setup project.

I am going to create a small trickle waterfall with live moss and temperate air ferns. I have already had good luck keeping the air ferns alive and healthy, as well as cultivating several (at least 4) very attractive yet distinctive species of moss. The remaining 7/8 of the tank will look "naturalistic" but be easy to maintain and practical/comfortable for garters.(dry reptile bark/coconut fiber) The moss does great in garter enclosures! No harm, fresh clean smell, helps create micro-climates, can be used on the cool end, or dry cover on the hot end, etc... It just goes dormant under very dry or hot conditions. Some of the very distinct varieties are very attractive. Closeups of the moss will be posted later.

The air fern (or two) stay small and grow on just about anything, even vertical surfaces. I plan to suspend/attach them above the bottom, on a cork bark/artificial background near the waterfall. The one shown is already attached to fir bark and interesting moss is growing with it.

I got this 55 gallon long enclosure in trade for my 4ft pueblan milk snake. I'll post pics as the project progresses and of course, when the snakes are settled in. I plan to keep 2 or 3 breeding pairs of concinnus, each pair being a different morph.

This will no doubt be the centerpiece of my otherwise small and humble collection. It will be concinnustopia!

Air fern:

Tank:

Please excuse the newspaper, that's only a temporary holding tank for now. No excuse for the shoe This is a new thing for me, as all of my past setups that were intended for snakes, were simple and practical. Now that I have enough room to accommodate the needs of live plants, moss, etc. AND snakes, I'm giving it a try. While the snakes are brumating in the winter, the plants and moss will be kept cool and allowed to get lush by spring.