I went to Petco last week, and saw an interesting snake that was labeled as a garter, but by common sense knew that was most definantly NOT a garter, so, I went home, figured out from someone that it is a striped keelback. I willingly went back and bought the snake because, although it was mislabeled as a "Canadian garter snake," I still got it because I like the species. Just because it is mislabeled as a garter does not change the snake.
So, and the mislabeling is NOT the issue. The issue is that I am pretty ticked now, because people here have been saying my snake is going to die. Spending alot of money, at least to me on it, that I thought was worth it, for something that is going to die quite frankly "Ticks" me off. So, I need an affirmation- even if I follow you instructions on here, is it going to die no matter what I do? How do you know this?
Also, for those of you have experience with these snakes, what do YOU feed them? I've heard different suggestions, but I want to know what the people who keep them actually feed them..Store-bought of pet store fish or something else..
Also, I just want to know the tank conditions or any other general information, just good to know.
I dont want to sound aggressive, I just want to know the chances of my snake living. I rather like him, alot.
And thanks for the info. That is good to