All I can do is either scream in frustration or cry. Or, type this up so that it may help someone else avoid this....

I just discovered that the sliding top to the 40 gallon tank that Esme, pueblan milksnake, lives in was slid slightly open. And no Esme. And here is how it happened...

One of the cats loves to lie on that tank. Apparently, the weight of the cat was enough to unsnap the clips at the back of the tank that hold the sliding hood closed. Can you all picture what I mean? Do any of you use these tanks/hoods? So when the cat was on the tank, the locking clips unsnapped, and then apparently as the cat moved around, the lid slid forward in small increments... enough to allow a one year old milksnake to scoot out.

I can't even type the words I want to scream. Wait, yes I can, they'll get bleeped. ****, ****, ****, ****, ****.

Of course there is no sign of Esme. I saw her the night before last, did not specifically look for her yesterday morning or yesterday evening. I just saw the tank open when I turned her light on this morning. So I'm thinking she got out last night or I'd of noticed the gap in the top yesterday when turning lights on & off.

I want her back. I love that snake. This sucks. I HATE THIS.

I'm starting to think I'm not qualified to have snakes. This is the third time I've lost one... tho I got Squiggles back, that was luck. Well, maybe luck will hold out and Esme will turn up unharmed.

It never, ever, ever once occured to me that this could happen. I was specifically pleased with that tank because the top slid into those locks.

Shows to go what I know.

Please send good karma for Esme.