Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

"GIANORMOUS" concinnus and ordinoides

OK, this is going to sound like a fish tale. I've seen some fairly large ordinoides in my life (perhaps 2.5 feet?) but they are the exception. I've seen perhaps 10,000 total ordinoides in my life. A 2 foot female is very large. Anything over that has only been seen by me once or twice. This girl could easily be over 2.5 feet. we'll see.

I have acquired an adult gravid female. She's a beauty. Rusty-red dorsal stripe, cream or tan colored lateral stripes, dark brown patternless base color. She's very gravid, very tame, and has already eaten from my hand.

Here's the fish tale part: She's absurdly huge. I'll have to break out my camera and the snake measuring computer program, but I estimate she's 3 feet. And her girth? OMG. She is by far the largest ordinoides I have ever seen. If she was a snake eater, she would easily overpower and eat a 26 inch concinnus. I'm not kidding.

I thought that very red single stripe preggo female I have was big. This new girl makes her look like a night crawler looks to a large radix. OMG she's huge. I don't know her exact weight but she feels like about a pound.

Also got a very normal nice dark orange and very gravid concinnus about 3 feet long. A big girl. A very fine, scar-free, perfect girl. Also, about a pound.

I couldn't wait to tell you about those two. I estimate that both of these girls will give birth by the end of June. They are gravid and under enough stress for one day. They are comfortably resting in their hides. Monday, I'm having them weighed. Photos and exact measurements will come tomorrow.

I'm a "happy camper"

"Preparing For First shed"

Re: "GIANORMOUS" concinnus and ordinoides

Awesome! I love hearing about some big female doing her part to ensure her species' survival...was that correct ? oh well you know what I mean.

Banned

Of course I know what you mean. And yes, species' is how I would have typed or written it although it would sound the same as species. I cases like that, I just say "species" but the apostrophe indicates possesive noun. Doesn't it? I dunno. Anyway, I failed english miserably most of my acedemic career anyway. No matter. (here comes the evidence of my failure)

I got big snakes!

(I know better, but speak to the contrary)

I gots big snakes. I do haz big snakes? There. That's better.

cool!! looking forward to pics!

Banned

Me too. Oh BTW Don. I didnt forget about you. I have a lovely male about a year old(?) he's about 12-15 inches and he looks right in line with your normal concinnus. I mean, he's "stylistically congruous" He'll fit right in. He's yours. Pics tomorrow!

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Jeff B's Avatar

Go buy a scale at Walmart in the kitchen section, they sell them cheap, for $30-$40, then weigh her in grams, would be curious what she actually weighs in grams?

Banned

I will probably eventually do that. right now, I'm buried in expenses and bills. Very hard to catch up the past few weeks. Not much work fixing PC's lately and my unemployment ($280 a week) runs out in about 2 weeks. I have 16 hours of work coming this next tuesday, then I start 40hrs a week the following monday. After that, it's 40-52 hours a week (about $500-$750/week net) for the next 7 months. I'm "out of gas" but coasting downhill toward the station, if you know what I mean.

My vet is only a few blocks from my house, and they have a good scale there. No appointment needed. I'll just bring them in and weigh them in grams. I will buy a scale later, definitely. For about the next 3 weeks, I can't afford just $10 for a scale. I have a very accurate scale appropriate for babies, but not for these monster snakes!

Snakes are covered though. Bricks of clean coco substrate, Plenty of pinkies and silversides in the freezer. A couple dozen or so live night crawlers in he fridge. They will be eating better than I will.

Banned

Big girls pics. I'm sure you can tell which one's which:

This girl is 3.19 feet, or 38.38 inches(97.48 cm) (used snake measuring program) Width of her head at it's widest point is 0.7 inches. That's a big girl. Weight will be recorded later.

This girl is 2.5 feet, or 30 inches.(72.2 cm) width of head 0.45 inches.

WOW! These girls are going to be eating several fuzzies at feeding time.

Banned

The big girl (concinnus) already chowed enthusiastically on a small bullfrog. Man, I'm going to be cleaning her tank daily. What a messy girl. Lots of poop. BIG poop. She's like a seagull pooping in there!

Subadult snake

very beautiful snakes!! if i ever go to the US ill have to visit you lol