Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

"Preparing For Third shed"

Guests becoming members!

Well I was thinking even though I haven't been a part of this site for long , I noticed there is only about a handful of us who are online and participating in many threads. I think we should make it that guests should have to register for certain things other then just to view pictures. Imagine if all the guests that are on everyday became members,the site would be recognized more then it already is. Is there something else that we can do for these guest to register without denying them everything of the site ?
    John !
    " A snake is only as calm as its handler "

0.1 - T.s.parietalis

Re: Guests becoming members!

This is a specialty forum and visitors are just part of it.
    Not sure if you saw this. This forum does very well for being a specialty forum.

http://www.thamnophis.com/forum/site...-top-40-a.html
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

Quote Originally Posted by guidofatherof5 View Post
    This is a specialty forum and visitors are just part of it.
    Not sure if you saw this. This forum does very well for being a specialty forum.

http://www.thamnophis.com/forum/site...-top-40-a.html
    Oh, I missed that.
    Although I´ve daily practice, reading English post is still straining and
    although I´ve practice for some years now I still have to use a dictionary frequently.
    So this is my only English forum, and I don´t know what are the others like.
    Is there so much space for small talk?
    Are there so many members stepping in and out again?
    Allready waiting for the sommer
    best wishes bis bald Udo
    Breeding Redsides EGSA-Chairman

SCOUSER

Quote Originally Posted by zooplan View Post
    Oh, I missed that.
    Although I´ve daily practice, reading English post is still straining and
    although I´ve practice for some years now I still have to use a dictionary frequently.
    So this is my only English forum, and I don´t know what are the others like.
    Is there so much space for small talk?
    Are there so many members stepping in and out again?
    my impression Udo is that when some members become less/non active on the forum for whatever reason[busier life style/less access to PC/changes in relationship/ and so on, then they still look in on us when ever circumstances allow, even though they may not actively participate.
    And as for space for small talk that area is very well catered for,there are threads for photography/art/books/ movies/other pets/poems/music/u tube/and the its oh so quiet thread which is a place to discuss anything else..... WHAT A SITE.... we have never had it so good
    ​I'm not actually a gynecologist...but i'll take a look.

It's the nature of all forums..

Also, little known is that many of those "guests" are google, yahoo, MSN & ask jeeves software reading and logging what we say.

There are some "closed forums" on the net, and real people tend to be turned off by that.

Last but not least, the guests are paying the bills for the great support we enjoy.
    Have you ever metioned the plenty of advertisements when you´re not looged in?
    Allready waiting for the sommer
    best wishes bis bald Udo
    Breeding Redsides EGSA-Chairman

SCOUSER

Quote Originally Posted by infernalis View Post
    It's the nature of all forums..

Also, little known is that many of those "guests" are google, yahoo, MSN & ask jeeves software reading and logging what we say.

It was so disappointing to read this, as my somewhat romantic [if that's the right word] view was of hordes of thamnophis lovers teetering on the brink of joining us held back only by a natural shyness or a shortage of free time.....yahoo... Google...MSN...welcome to the REAL world john.

I was a guest for a month or so before I joined. I kept having questions and whenever I googled something this site always came up. I'm so very glad I joined. It's my favorite place to be.
    Kat
    2.2 T.s.pickeringii, 0.4.7 T.ordinoides 1.1 T.marcianus 1.1 T. radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis 1.2 Pseudacris regilla

SCOUSER

Quote Originally Posted by katach View Post
    I was a guest for a month or so before I joined. I kept having questions and whenever I googled something this site always came up. I'm so very glad I joined. It's my favorite place to be.
    i have to agree with the comments posted, i was myself a stalker for a long time and joined when i felt ready to, several things gave me pause among's them my woeful ability's with modern technology [computers and such] and one of the things that gave me the biggest surprise was the knowledge displayed by the members who in every case[i think] had kept snakes for many years less than me but far outstripped me in their snake nouse.
    Another buzz that i get is seeing new members grow in confidence, moving from asking questions to giving opinions and answering stuff from even newer members and that's really what this site is all about ,..so i suppose John the fact that you started this thread proves you are another thamnophis.com success

Something funny I noticed the other night. I was on in the middle of the night around 3am...and there were two members on and 74 guests. So, I went to see what the guests were doing...most of the guests were reading posts that at first glance looked to be discussing sexual topics, but were actually discussing various garter topics. Bunch o' pervs! Lol... The topics were actually funny at first glance...One was something like..."Show me your biggest fattest females!"...and another was " Female Sex Pics" or something of that nature...I guess to someone who stumbled onto the forum looking for something fun at 3am...they must have thought they hit the jackpot!
    Marnie
    3.3 T.s.sirtalis 1.0 T.marcianus 1.2 T.radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe