Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Cool changing brands.....?

alright...i think that I have seriously pissed off Little Dude and Hudinie. They have been spoiled for the last year, but when Petco just upped the prices of the pinkie mice to $5 a bag of three I decided to go ahead and order from Rodent pro...... 200 mice for $100... that is about 2 months of food for almost one third of what I would pay via petco.... all I thought was well..mice came in frozen and Rescue is eating them quite fine....

Now Little Dude and Hudinie are looking at me like they are hungry and totally ignoring the mice in their tank........

and they seem to think that the longer they look at me the more I will cave in and get them their normal expensive brand of mice......

I am so mean to them.
    Lady Kady
    2.4 Ball pythons...Rios (norm), Addy (norm), Mel (norm), Little Girl (het pied), Missy (spider), and Little Guy (pied)
    1.0 columbian red tail boa.... Axel
    1.0 ferel kitten.. Junior.

Re: changing brands.....?

Stand your ground. Don't give in. Show them who the boss is.......... Better you then me
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

lol ... Thanks Steve.... I just may send Hudinie over to you to feed if he keeps giving me the evil eye......Darn spoiled snakes..... they have it better then my five year old. But yes they will either eat what is in there tank or they can go hungry until they realize that is what they are getting. I have two huindrend of those suckers for the to eat and I am not buying another mouse until they are gone..... *hmmm reminder to self to check if pinkies are going on sale any time soon*......... Oh yeah.... got to stand my ground.......lol
    Lady Kady
    2.4 Ball pythons...Rios (norm), Addy (norm), Mel (norm), Little Girl (het pied), Missy (spider), and Little Guy (pied)

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Didymus20X6's Avatar

As a cousin of mine used to say: "Morris the finicky cat: Him and his Nine Lives? I bet if you don't feed him for 2 weeks, he'll eat a peanut butter and jelly sandwich!"

Rescue knows what real hunger is like, and probably appreciates the food more. Those other two, they'll come around once they get hungry enough, I bet!

Oh, BTW, I'm pretty sure Steve once posted a place where you can get an even better deal on pinkies. I remember, because of this guy:

NARF!!

Yeah... Rodent Pro so far has the best shipping prices that I have seen for gettign the mice al the way over here in california. And yes tRescue does know what real hunger is and will never know what that will be agian.
    Lady Kady

You could try splitting the pinkies partially open - either the belly or the head - to expose the guts or brain. Seems to really get some snakes going. It does tend to be messy if your snakes like to carry their prey around the enclosure for a while and smear it on stuff before swallowing, like mine do...

Didymus - I think because of the way they charge shipping, the place Steve posted is only a better deal than rodentpro if you're ordering a LOT of mice. I compared the two and found that for 100 or even 200 pinkies, rodentpro comes out cheaper.

"Frankly, one Pinky is
    plenty enough for me!"

Quote Originally Posted by k2l3d4 View Post
    And yes tRescue does know what real hunger is and will never know what that will be agian.

I will have to try splitting them..... maybe that will get them to ignore that they are the cheap brand.....
    Lady Kady

AWESOME!!!!!... I love it! Thank you!
    Lady Kady