Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Forum Moderator aSnakeLovinBabe's Avatar

I'm really sick :(

just wanted to let everyone know that I might be missing for a day... or two or three... or maybe more... I have some really bad stomach flu and since yesterday after logging in here I've lost 7 pounds I've lost so much water and i'm having a lot of trouble replacing it, and I may have to go to the hospital... I have not gotten sick since 4 AM but I am still having a lot of trouble with dehydration... and I'm so weak and my joints especially my hips knees and wrists hurt so bad that it's getting hard to walk on my own...so... just letting everyone know if i dissapear for a few days that's where I'll be!! hopefully its not that virus I just saw on the news

the sucky part is that theres no way I'll be able to tend to my snakes this weekend, cleaning or feeding, and I've got no one sensible enough to take over... gosh I hope my snakies will forgive me... at least they have plenty of water... I guess I just wanted somewhere to vent and this is my favorite place so... yea!

im gonna go back to my hot tea and fetal position now well actually im gonna try and make my masive picture post of all my garters before i log looking at them always cheers me up.... just keep me in your thoughts!
    Mother of many snakes and a beautiful baby girl! I am also a polymer clay artist!

Re: I'm really sick :(

Welcome to the club, I suppose. Well, it's not quite that severe in my case.

Adult snake

our thoughts will be with you

Shannon, I'm so sorry. Those stomach bugs can be wicked. Can you keep some pedialyte down? It would help... don't do the sports drinks, they have too much sugar. And as soon as you are able, load up on good, natural yogurt with live probiotics to replenish all the good bacteria you lost.

Wish I was close, I'd help you with your snakies. But they'll be fine while you recoup.

Do go to the hospital to get rehydrated if you need too... don't wait too long!! Hope you're better soon.

And Stefan, same thing... I hope you both get better fast!!! Hugs to you both!!
    Lori, New Hope Rescue-- rescuing equines and others
    www.newhoperescueva.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lori P View Post
    Shannon, I'm so sorry. Those stomach bugs can be wicked. Can you keep some pedialyte down?

I have kept everything down since about 4 AM. Eddies mom is out getting me gatoraid rain, thats the really light watery stuff that they make, not so sweet. I hate stuff that's too sweet when I am sick, after that point, I was no longer throwing up, but woke up every 15 minutes on the dot dying of thirst, I woke up would sip like 3 inches out of my glass and lay back down. I killed three HUGE glasses before I got up... I'm not throwing it up, but it's not staying in me too well either, if you know what I mean......(ew) I had some hot tea and thats really helped a lot, I feel a little more energized. but i can't lay down because my hips and my back hurt too bad, and I'm sleepy but when I close my eyes everything spins, so I am staying up! I don't think I'll end up in the hospital but its a possibility, if I had kept getting sick I would be there by now. I'm fighting very hard to retain fluid...luckily I am very aware of my body and its condition and was able to keep enough sense to never stop drinking... and eddie stayed up with me and helped me walk and stuff when I was too delirious to do it on my own... no matter how much I didnt want to... the yogurt is a really good idea that i never thought of, and actually sounds almost good right now... im' gonna work on my picture post now

I can deal as long as I don't have to throw up anymore.. I hate throwing up more than anything in the world. I was getting sick every 2 minutes...I would rather have my knees broken in two than endure any more of that.

The only other thing thats really bothering me is how bad my belly is cramping... I have had stomach flus before... but not for a few years and I never had the cramping sensation before... make it hurt to breath!!
    Mother of many snakes and a beautiful baby girl! I am also a polymer clay artist!

Seem to a lot of that going around. Mine would be from a couple of hotwings I ate.
    I hope both of you get feeling better, soon. You are in our prayers.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

sorry to hear you're sick - no fun
    speedy recovery to both of you
    rhea
    "you cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus" Mark Twain

This is what I do

Two aspirins and shot of bourbon, then call me in the morning
    Michael
    1.1 Woma (Sun Burst), 2.1 Eastern Blackneck, 3.3 Plains Garter, 3.1 Puget Sound,
    2.1 Granite Checker, 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa (snake sitting )

Shannon I would advise you to go to the ER & get hooked up to an IV.

You haven't had any peanutbutter products(like the Austin Crackers?) there is a salmonella outbreak right now, but also there is just the stomach bug too.

Did you eat somewhere? My Hubby got sick 3 times in one year, it was food poisoning from a place we USED to eat at. Not anymore.

I so hope you get to feeling better.... you need to get plenty of rest. Perhaps your BF can help out. * If I lived near you, I would come & help with you & your pets *

{{gentle hugs}} get better Shannon
    Stephanie

Quote Originally Posted by reptile3 View Post
    Shannon I would advise you to go to the ER & get hooked up to an IV.

You haven't had any peanutbutter products(like the Austin Crackers?) there is a salmonella outbreak right now, but also there is just the stomach bug too.

Did you eat somewhere? My Hubby got sick 3 times in one year, it was food poisoning from a place we USED to eat at. Not anymore.

I so hope you get to feeling better.... you need to get plenty of rest. Perhaps your BF can help out. * If I lived near you, I would come & help with you & your pets *

{{gentle hugs}} get better Shannon
    Well, good news is I seem to be suddenly making a good recovery, after my picture post my joints were really hurting so I took a hot bath, when I got out they dont hurt so bad anymore...and then I started to feel hungry-ish (you know that feeling after youre sick) and so eddie went to get me stuff and now I am drinking gatoraid rain and I am munching on dry cheerios.. and my stomach feels okay right now... in fact the cheerios are making my stomach happy so hopefully there will be no need to go to the ER... I think I was able to keep myself hydrated just enough to flush my sytem quickly. The fast you flush it out the faster you get better...

I have not had any peanut butter products... I already retraced my steps and EVERYTHING that I ate for like the past week, nothing with peanut butter at all! There are two highly contagious viruses going around right now.... one is called shigora or something like that and the other is norovirus... nobody else I know is sick yet so... who really knows!

I got salmonelly 2 years ago, only minor in my stomach but shortly after it got into my bloodstream, and then my kidneys and bladder and wow, kidney pain HURTS!!

I've not been anywhere to eat in almost a month... If I was still getting sick I'll admit I would have ben hospitalized by now, as I was very close to total delirium in the middle of the night...but I feel pretty sane now and my body feels like its getting more normal...so thank god it stopped before it got too bad. But wow... 7 pounds in one night!!! I was REALLY scared that I was going to be hopsitalized... I hate hospitals