Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Snake lover 3-25's Avatar

Unhappy i'm really upset......

ok so you may think that i'm really dumb for doing this............ but i kind of....... lost my trutle........ i was cleaning his cage and so i set him down on the floor in my room
    (like i always do..... he loves to run around and usually all it takes to find him is listening until you can hear him scooting along the wall.......)
    but this time, when i left the room to empty out his cage for no more than 2 minuites or so...... i came back and couldn't hear him so i started to look around under things and i couldn't find him....... i searched for 3 hrs....... i moved everything..... and he's a turtle so it's not like he can climb up or inside things......... i just don't know what to do....... please help!!!!!!!
    S h a n l e y
    1.3 eastern garters
    1 midland painted turtle
    1 bernese mountain dog
    1 half siamese cat

Re: i'm really upset......

I would keep searching all over, do you have a house or an apartment? Any other pets (ie: dog, cat) that could help, find it.

Anything I loose pet wise, or pest... my cats let me know.

I have never lost a turtle so I have no clue, but good luck... things happen, it's ok@!
    Stephanie

i have a house and he was upstaris..... the stairs ar carpeted..... so that's not the problem....... but we have a balcany........ i just don't know what would happen to a 3-4 in turtle if he fell 10 ft........ onto a wooden floor...... i have a dog and a cat...... but idk if they would hurt it..... they def. wouldn't be much help in finding it....... well..... maybe my cat would...... but i am woried that she will hurt it..... she's a hunter......
    S h a n l e y
    1.3 eastern garters
    1 midland painted turtle
    1 bernese mountain dog
    1 half siamese cat

"Preparing For Fourth shed" Aundrea's Avatar

I would keep looking around. I would also put some food in a plate around where you lost him and see if he will come to that. I hope you find him soon
    1 Ball Python Spenser
    2 Dekayi's Bennie, Max
    1 Ornate Boxie Turtle Lola
    1 Baby Russian Tortoise Lilly
    1 Beagle Dog Maycee

yeah.... i would but he's an aquatic turtle..... so i don't even know if he can eat out of the water...... unf. i won't even get home till 7 o'clock tonight....
    S h a n l e y
    1.3 eastern garters
    1 midland painted turtle
    1 bernese mountain dog
    1 half siamese cat

I am not obsessed.... GartersRock's Avatar

I am so sorry to hear about your turtle Shanley... And do hope you find him soon...
    But I really really hope that you realize that this is yet another case of loss due to you leaving reptiles unattended, loose in the house or from carelessness. And that you will PROMISE to be more careful??
    Again I do hope you find your turtle.
    Amanda Tolleson

Maybe instead of leaving food just make him a pool with an easy climb. Maybe put some guppies or food sticks in?? It's never happened to me so I wouldn't know if it would work. I really hope you find him!

Zoe

omg!!!!! i found him!!!! so this is what happened.......

he JUMPED/FELL off the BALCANY!!! he fell into a bowl of decrative pine cones!!!! lol and then he got stuck in the bowl awaiting rescue!!!!! i'm sooooooo happy my bro found him a 10 foot fall into a bowl of pine cones...... and the balcany is about 20 ft long....... he just so happened to pick the one place that made for a safe landing!!! how lucky was that!!!!! lol and about 3 days b4 he got lost i changed his name from cassie to forrest!!!!lol like in the movie Forrest Gump "Run Forrest, run!!!" guess he just wanted to live up to his new name he sure does love to run!!!!! i'm going to put one of those key finder key chains on it and then i'll never have to worry about losing him again and i will never EVER put him down upstairs again!!!! unless he is in a closed off area!!!!!

but yeah..... it was really dumb...... but we set him down ALL the time..... he just loves to run..... maybe even more than he loves to swim!!!! so i let him out regularly....... and finding him has NEVER been an issue........ but i 'm not going to leave him out unsupervised again........ at least not until i have made him his special harness
    S h a n l e y
    1.3 eastern garters
    1 midland painted turtle
    1 bernese mountain dog
    1 half siamese cat

It's all about the Fuzzies jitami's Avatar

Glad you found the little guy safe and sound Shanley
    Tami

Oh. Because you know, it seems to me that, aside
    from being a little mentally ill, she's pretty normal.

me too this is one of those rare times when i can actually say i love my brother!!!! lol jk
    S h a n l e y
    1.3 eastern garters
    1 midland painted turtle
    1 bernese mountain dog
    1 half siamese cat