Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Forum Moderator aSnakeLovinBabe's Avatar

Did you know I'm an artist?!

Bet you didn't! Well anyway even if you did you probably have not seen any of my work. The following artwork you will see is actually all at least a year or two old as my scanner broke so I haven't been putting new stuff on the computer. If you guys like seeing my stuff though I guess I'll start taking pictures! For a normal looking pink-loving girl, I will warn you that i draw scary things. For the most part.

I also sculpt dragons! I only have pictures of one dragon at the moment... my original... if you guys want to see the other finished dragon and the one that's almost done, lemme know! If you don't really care... lemme know! haha...

This one is actually just a rough drawing for a large poster sized piece that is hanging on my boyfriends wall as we speak! it is being worked on in full color and I can't wait to complete it! meet Mr. Biohazard Cobra!

this was just for a bit of fun....

it's not often I draw cute things so bear with me LOL

I don't draw unicorns anymore... drawing them was a way to help me improve some things in my techniques a little bit... horses are one of the hardest animals there is to draw and I admit that I am STILL flawed at it.

this one is old, and he is NOT a seahorse.

This creature here is something I would have never drawn... had he not stalked me in my dreams! For a while I had vivid dreams of this large eyeless, winged, skeletal demon... he was HUGE... but infinitely hard to catch a glimpse of because he was always just around the corner in shadow... he gave off a bad odor or mold and fish mixed together... oh by the way, I have a dreaming problem. Anywho, he stopped visiting once I started putting him onto paper.
    Last edited by aSnakeLovinBabe; 03-20-2008 at 08:01 PM.
    Mother of many snakes and a beautiful baby girl! I am also a polymer clay artist!

Re: Did you know I'm an artist?!

Matter of fact, he was soon replaced by an even scarier version of himself... and here he is drawn as I last dreamed about him...like I said... I have a dreaming problem. I never stop having dreams in my sleep and sometimes they are so vivid that I feel as if I did not sleep at all.

eye through torn skin

one of my favorites

The next three are made up of a LOT of dots. and i mean a LOT.

Mother of many snakes and a beautiful baby girl! I am also a polymer clay artist!

my dragon sculpture!

his teeth and eyes are glass.... for the teeth I smashed a white marble with a hammer and hand selected the shards that best looked like teeth!

he is permanently mounted in a mirror-backed airtight glass case built by a friend of my father

well that's all for now... like I said most of the drawings are a year or two old and they are flawed, I can do better now

Some very nice drawings there. Especially the one that you say are one of your favorites.

My "artwork" is these days limited to doodlings of dinosaurs (huge fan since I got Bakker's book, The Dinosaur Heresies, in the late 80's) and geometric shapes. And of course the simple photoshopping I just do for fun. I used to do a lot of 2-point perspective drawings of futuristic cities some 15 years ago, but I've permanently misplaced the ones worth saving.

Very nice artwork. Love the sculpture. Never was all that good at the 3D stuff myself. Did a lot of scetching when I was in college and even had some stuff in shows at school. Unfortunately lost most of it when I had a flood at my house. A pipe broke on my first floor and rained water down onto all my stuff in my basement....including my portfolio. Killed me to have to toss years of work. Now a days, I find it's hard to find the time to sit down and do any artwork.
    Roy
    0.1 T.s.pallidulus

Very nice

I did artschool for 12 years, mostly black white ( like pencil and charcoal ). But I haven't drawn since I went to university... Sometimes I miss it, but I have so many other things at the moment, I just don't make time for it anymore.
    Greetz, Hans

Fear can hold you prisoner. Hope can set you free.
    -The Shawshank Redemption-
    www.kousebandslangen.nl

"First shed In Progress" larean's Avatar

@ Stefan: You might like Todd Marshall
    Christiaan

Quote Originally Posted by larean View Post
    @ Stefan: You might like Todd Marshall
    Thanks for the tip.

"PM Boots For Custom Title" CrazyHedgehog's Avatar

very cool, love the dragons
    Inge
    our house is like a zoo, too many to list here!

cool creatures
    thanks for showing
    rhea
    "you cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus" Mark Twain