Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello All.

Hybrid View

"Preparing For First shed" Beautifylgirl's Avatar
    Washington State( Western Side- North Puget Sound)

Smile Hello All.

Hello! I just came across this site while looking for directions on making an enclosure lid. Your enclosure page helped me out for ideas.
    Here is my newest addition to my home. I now have 1 dog, 1 cat, 1 WC garter (pacific Northwest? any ideas on specifics would be appreciated) and *had* a lot of guppies and other fish but the snake really enjoyed them. Here are some decent picts of my garter.

I've had 'it' for about 5 months and 'it's the largest I've ever had about 2 feet, maybe a little more. It is quite happy with feeder fish with calcium suplement on it but I haven't had any success with worms, and I haven't tried pinkies. Does anyone know a place in the PNW to find quality snake food?
    It is now living in my old fishtank, 46 gallon bowfront, and appreciates it much more than the 20 gallon 'it'was in.

Brittany

Re: Hello All.

Hi Brittany,

Well, I really stink at this "name that snake game," but I still love playing it . My vote is that you have a T.s. fitchi, but definitely wait for the heavy hitters to weigh in before putting any confidence in this assessment. Welcome to the forum,
    Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Cazador View Post
    Hi Brittany,

Well, I really stink at this "name that snake game," but I still love playing it . My vote is that you have a T.s. fitchi, but definitely wait for the heavy hitters to weigh in before putting any confidence in this assessment. Welcome to the forum,
    Rick

Thanks for the guess. Its not a big deal to find out exactly what 'it' is(I still haven't decided if 'its' a girl/boy yet ) but it would be helpful in the long run.
    Brittany

Now THAT, I can help you with. Post a couple of good, close-up pictures of it's tail/vent area. One from the side, and another from above (dorsal view). It would be most helpful if he/she were suspended in the pictures.
    Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Cazador View Post
    Now THAT, I can help you with. Post a couple of good, close-up pictures of it's tail/vent area. One from the side, and another from above (dorsal view). It would be most helpful if he/she were suspended in the pictures.
    Rick
    Alright, now I have one view of the picture ( this kid is wiggly) that came out pretty well. The others I'll work on getting later, I think it's done for the night for handling.

Thanks
    Brittany

Dutch, bold and Thamnophis-crazy Thamnophis's Avatar

Hello Brittany,

welcome on this forum.
    It is always advisable to be a loser if you cannot become a winner. Frank Zappa

Welcome aboard.

Looks like a valley garter to me...t. sirtalis fitchi. From what I see, I'd say it's a female, males tend to be thinner and smaller....but Let's see some pics of the tail area to be sure....

Brittany, you are welcome here!!! ;-)

Welcome to the site from another newbie! Yeh, I'd have to agree with everyone else and say T.s.fitchi or Valley Gartersnake. Looks like a really nice animal too.