Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Dont listen to what anybody says on this forum

Do all of yourselves a favor and dont listen to what anybody says on this forum.the only two people I will vouch for is Jeffy and Scott.

Re: Seizures

Both Jeff and Scott are good people and very knowledgeable but this forum has many members that are more then capable of caring for garters and giving advice on the subject.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

"PM Boots For Custom Title" BLUESIRTALIS's Avatar

I feel like not one person could ever know it all so we need to lay our personal experiences out so maybe someone can learn from them. I have learned things from lots of people on this forum as far as garters go. I have kept snakes for years and they have ranged from boas and pythons to lots of different colubrids and even venomous. If people don't share their experiences we wouldn't know what to expect in certain cases. I agree that all advice on here isn't sound advice, but at the end of the day all we can do is try and that's why they call it a forum people post their opinions and if you agree with them fine if you don't that's fine too that's a free choice we all have.
    Bluesirtalis

"PM Boots For Custom Title" CrazyHedgehog's Avatar

Can we all meet at the hill before sunrise!
    Handbags at Dawn!

(.............runs and hides..)
    Inge
    our house is like a zoo, too many to list here!

Forum Moderator aSnakeLovinBabe's Avatar

Can I just say that I agree with Tom's point. And i know tom personally.... hes a good guy! he just isnt an internet junkie and so he doesnt have those "people skills". But neither does Stefan sometimes and heck.... he doesnt need them. I DO NOT agree that there are only two people That give good advice but i do agree that i have read a lot of rubbish in here that diasappoints me... but i just keep my mouth shut as with a teething 10 month old i am lucky i have time to read anything. I stopped using and will no longer advocate raw fish filet and have been that way for a whole now. I'm a firm believer in the whole prey diet only, and a varied diet at that. I have seen MANY terrible suggestions and things that I find to be off on this forum but good advice also. But yes the rate of snake deaths is rather alarming. I just got power back yesterday but even during the outage I lurked from my phone. I need to stop lurking and find time to post more again... My viewpoints have changed a considerable degree since I first started keeping garter snakes.
    Mother of many snakes and a beautiful baby girl! I am also a polymer clay artist!

Quote Originally Posted by aSnakeLovinBabe View Post
    Can I just say that I agree with Tom's point. And i know tom personally.... hes a good guy! he just isnt an internet junkie and so he doesnt have those "people skills". But neither does Stefan sometimes and heck.... he doesnt need them. I DO NOT agree that there are only two people That give good advice but i do agree that i have read a lot of rubbish in here that diasappoints me... but i just keep my mouth shut as with a teething 10 month old i am lucky i have time to read anything. I stopped using and will no longer advocate raw fish filet and have been that way for a whole now. I'm a firm believer in the whole prey diet only, and a varied diet at that. I have seen MANY terrible suggestions and things that I find to be off on this forum but good advice also. But yes the rate of snake deaths is rather alarming. I just got power back yesterday but even during the outage I lurked from my phone. I need to stop lurking and find time to post more again... My viewpoints have changed a considerable degree since I first started keeping garter snakes.
    I have to agree with you Shannon... I have been keeping quiet too much, and sugar coating replies.

Maybe that needs to change.

Forum Moderator aSnakeLovinBabe's Avatar

Once you have accumulated so much knowledge and experience, and you'be been on a forum for so long, you tend to stop sugar coating and just tell it like it is. There really isn't anything wrong with that. Yes it's good to treat all of us as a big family but that should never stand in the way of husbandry or our animals. I have said this to many, many people: I'm not here to insult, I am not here because of your feelings. I am here for your Animals and I will always put them first even if it means people will not agree with me or take offense to what I have said. I get this crap all the time on Facebook. Not too long ago I saw someone in one of my groups post a pic bragging about how they collected that garter snake as a "treat" to feed to their milksnake. Out of the 70 something people that saw the post not one came forward and said a thing until I stepped in. I asked everyone.... Why has no one said anything? Not only is this illegal in his state, the snake is already a good feeder on mice. The risk to his pet snake alone isn't worth it, let alone collecting an adult female of protected species in your state and treating it like a piece of chocolate. I took a lot of heat from this idiot's supporters, but you wouldn't believe how many people also started to say "you know what, she's right, that isn't okay!" Sometimes you have to be the jerk. I have been that jerk many times. And frankly I just don't give a damn anymore if people can't handle that. On this forum, I tend to be a lot more mellow than on some others. But now that I've got some thamnophis here again after the accident, I'm here more. I usuAlly come through my phone which is why new threads havent happened, And If I can ever sneak onto my laptop for something other than running cold-blooded creation, ( this takes up pretty much all of my computer time but my customers are important and it's my full time job now) I can't wait to update everyone and post photos of my occellatus, obscurus, scotti, and melanistic sirtalis! And of course Banana, my big fat amel radix. I'm not a fan of amels Anymore but she's a darling.
    Mother of many snakes and a beautiful baby girl! I am also a polymer clay artist!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by snakeman View Post
    Do all of yourselves a favor and dont listen to what anybody says on this forum.the only two people I will vouch for is Jeffy and Scott.
    I find that insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by ConcinnusMan View Post
    I find that insulting.
    I really don't care.it's the truth.

Banned

I really don't care.it's the truth.
    Truth is in the mind of the observer. What is truth, is a perception. The Bible is truth for many. I think you mean "it's true"

Actually it's a moderator issue.anybody can,post anything on these forums and all of the sudden it's factbad advise should be deleted.
    Perhaps. I do see it a lot too, but who's to decide what is bad and what is good? To sit there and say there's only two people that give good advice is just ludacris.