PDA

View Full Version : The Christening...

EasternGirl
02-05-2012, 01:42 PM
Well, I just got bit by Cee Cee for the first time...thanks to my ex-husband's stupid girlfriend. Note to non-snake people: while sticking your face up to snake tanks and staring at them and taking pictures of them on your camera may be entertaining for you...it might actually be disruptive for the snake owner and can agitate a snake...especially while it is being fed. I told my ex and his girlfriend to please go in the other room because I was feeding the snakes...but his girlfriend kept sticking her head up to the snake tank and taking pictures. I stuck my hand in the tank...and Cee Cee did not realize it was me...since she saw my ex's girlfriend's face glaring at her. She struck at me and bit me twice..then struck again. I was not happy with the girlfriend. She didn't get me very bad. I actually felt bad for her because she was so upset. Poor thing ate so politely after that...if a snake can actually feel bad...I think she did :o.

ssssnakeluvr
02-05-2012, 01:44 PM
next time, pull the snake out and put it in the girlfriends face real quick, let her get bit :cool:

guidofatherof5
02-05-2012, 01:53 PM
And maybe Cee Cee knew exactly what she was doing ;):D
Remember they are very smart.

Oh, welcome to the club Marnie.

EasternGirl
02-05-2012, 02:27 PM
The thing is she knows my smell...I have figured out. I know she recognizes me...she will not musk me or try to bite me when I pick her up...whereas the minute a vet tech or the vet picks her up, she musks like crazy and tries to bite. But also, I noticed since I put the little cubbie cave in her enclosure and I have to reach in there to get her out...she knows my smell...because I can reach in there and poke around and she can't see my face and she will not bite me. But I guess today...she saw the girlfriend's face and then my hand came in quickly and she wasn't taking the time to smell...she was in protective mode and she just struck! That's okay Cee Cee...I would bite her if I could too...:D. Next time...just try to get it right...lol.

mikem
02-05-2012, 02:54 PM
Yea. She was probably stressed and a little confused. Silly girl! :D

EasternGirl
02-05-2012, 02:55 PM
She was very stressed...and she is getting ready to shed so she is already in defensive mode. Poor thing...I should have rewarded her with a little tasty human flavored treat...muahahaha...

mikem
02-05-2012, 03:12 PM
but once they've tasted human flesh, they become man eaters! :rolleyes:

EasternGirl
02-05-2012, 03:19 PM
Lol...funny you should say that...because I was just feeding Cee Cee a bit more...because Seeley didn't eat his fish and pinky pieces. Cee Cee gets so crazed when she eats that she will nip at anything near her. I had the food on a little dish and I was feeding it to her with tweezers...she had her head sticking out of the front of the tank taking bites from me...then she decided the food wasn't coming fast enough, so she stuck her head over into the dish in my hand and started eating from the dish and nipping at my fingers and hands holding the dish! She's a pig! And aggressive...she was striking at the dish and my hands...crazy pig snake!

guidofatherof5
02-05-2012, 03:19 PM
but once they've tasted human flesh, they become man eaters! :rolleyes:

Or in this case Marnie eaters :D

EasternGirl
02-05-2012, 03:20 PM
Sleeping with one eye open tonight :eek:.