PDA

View Full Version : Joe please read this

aSnakeLovinBabe
02-03-2012, 12:05 PM
I've already sent you a PM like a week ago which I don't think you saw because I didn't get an answer. I have tried sending you several texts to tell you that my iPhone is partially fried. I had a power outage and my phone was plugged into a bad outlet, or something.... anyways it's fried and I can't read most of your texts... I could read them up until the other night... they look like this (#@$U#)($#@ I've tried sending you several and I can see you replying but I don't know what you are saying and you are calling me but I CAN'T ANSWER!!! It doesn't work! I can't slide the bar over that lets me answer calls and no one can hear me when I call them. Is something wrong? You have called/texted a lot. This is why I sent you a PM! I can't access my contacts either... half of my touch screen doesn't work. Meaning I can't look up your number and just call from someone's phone. Until I get it replaced it is useless! But they aren't exactly cheap to replace so I haven't done it yet. I don't know what else to say!!! Contact me through here. If anyone talks to Joe can you please pass on this message in case he doesn't see it??? I thought he got one of my texts about it but maybe not....

For anyone else reading this, this is why if you have called me in the past week and a half I have not answered. I can't.

Also, the same power outage caused the heater to kick off overnight in my snakeroom (while we were sleeping). The snakeroom is walled off in our basement, insulated and all but I guess the heater was off long enough and it got cold. The rest of my basement IS cold. I think normally the snakes would have been just fine except for it got so cold so fast. Now a bunch of my garters are coughing and wheezing INCLUDING MY FAVORITE FEMALE REDSTRIPED RIBBON and MY FLAMES and a few other snakes I do NOT want to lose. I've already lost 2. I'm not happy... I don't have that many garter snakes anymore and now the few that I have which are dear to me, even if just pets aren't feeling well :(

EasternGirl
02-03-2012, 12:24 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that about the snakes Shannon. Sorry about all of it. Just get the heat and humidity up the best you can for the snakes that got cold and see if you can nurse them back to health...if anyone can do it, you can. I would keep it extra warm and humid for them over the next week or so. Heck...you know more about it than I do. I will be thinking positive thoughts for you. Is the heat back on?

mikem
02-03-2012, 12:35 PM
ugh, the dreaded power outage :mad: i'm terribly sorry to hear this. i hope everything works out the best it can. keep us updated :(

aSnakeLovinBabe
02-03-2012, 12:38 PM
yes the heat is back on and the room is nice and toasty... I've got it up in the mid 80's now... it's like a sauna in there. I am very fortunate that all of my carpet pythons, rat snakes and my new flying snakes seem OK except for one carpet who had a minor wheeze that seems to have disappeared. My male Baron's racer and my female mexican night snake did not pull through... and like I said I lost two garters and I am worried I am going to lose more... I've pulled back from breeding garters because dealing with baby garters on top of my new daughter would be impossible so the ones I do have are simply my beloved pets. The snake I am most upset about is my red hot erythristic female... she had some blood in her mouth today and is not very responsive to me. I will just be crushed if she dies... she's my favorite garter and I feel so guilty... I am annoyed that garters are one of the most cold tolerant snakes there is and yet they were the ones most affected by this cold snap. I would assume it's from the very SUDDEN drop and the fact that they were not "conditioned" prior to it.

aSnakeLovinBabe
02-03-2012, 12:39 PM
ugh, the dreaded power outage :mad: i'm terribly sorry to hear this. i hope everything works out the best it can. keep us updated :(

Yea... you wanna know the best part??? There was no reason for the power to even go out. We didn't have a storm or anything...

garterchick
02-03-2012, 12:46 PM
Sorry about your snakes, hope the rest of them pull throuogh. About the phone, if you go to the Apple store they'll try to work with you to replace or repair, whichever is needed. I had an Iphone fall in the toilet (stupid little pockets) and they replaced it for free.
Good luck,

aSnakeLovinBabe
02-03-2012, 01:02 PM
We are working on it.... thanks!!!! What compounds this situation is that since I have just had a baby my hormones are all OVER the place. Sometimes I tear up for seemingly NO REASON... let alone seeing my babies not feeling well... and this is coming from someone who normally has a heart of stone. (not quite but you get the idea!)

BUSHSNAKE
02-03-2012, 04:29 PM
lol Shannon i know your phone is broke...you have something i want! and if i bug you enough.....or beg, it just might work lol

BUSHSNAKE
02-03-2012, 04:38 PM
oh yeah...ive had limited time on the computer latley....someones a computer hog over here...talk to you soon im sure

EasternGirl
02-03-2012, 04:59 PM
Get used to being more of a softie now that you are a mom...there is just something about becoming a mom that softens you up. I used to be a pretty hardcore chickie before I had my son...now...not so much...but in a good way. I think it made me less hard in a good way...I think it's something that instinctually happens because you need to have a soft side to be a nurturing mama. I can't imagine being the way I was and being a mom...lol. I hate the hormonal teary thing too. Normally I never cry...but if my hormones kick in, I'll cry over stupid sad commercials! I'm keeping my hopes up for you that your snakes pull through...positive thoughts coming your way.

aSnakeLovinBabe
02-04-2012, 09:43 PM
RIP to my precious Scarlet.... the snakeroom won't be the same without her :(

Sorry Joe... I know you loved her too :(

mikem
02-04-2012, 09:54 PM
sorry for your loss :(

ScimitarX
02-04-2012, 10:17 PM
oh no... sorry for your loss :(

EasternGirl
02-05-2012, 12:10 AM
So sorry for your loss Shannon.

indigoman
02-05-2012, 05:30 AM
Very sad to read this, my thoughts are with you.

gregmonsta
02-05-2012, 06:14 AM
Sorry to hear it Shannon, fingers crossed for the others.

katach
02-06-2012, 09:23 PM
Sorry for your loss Shannon.