PDA

View Full Version : sauritus x sirtalis

kingTom
01-28-2012, 09:16 AM
hi!!!I've one question...it's possible to breed thamnophis sirtalis with sauritus?it's only an information... I don't agree with hybridation and I'm not going to try.

Light of Dae
01-28-2012, 10:06 AM
They will breed if given the chance n right conditions.

guidofatherof5
01-28-2012, 10:35 AM
hi!!!I've one question...it's possible to breed thamnophis sirtalis with sauritus?it's only an information... I don't agree with hybridation and I'm not going to try.

I'm a bit confused by the question then.:confused:

Light of Dae
01-28-2012, 12:01 PM
I think he just meant is it possible for two different species to breed if they are both Thamnophis'. Like will a 'striped garden snake' breed with a 'checkered garden snake' type question. lol Just wondering if they are compatible.

kingTom
01-28-2012, 09:17 PM
I think he just meant is it possible for two different species to breed if they are both Thamnophis'. Like will a 'striped garden snake' breed with a 'checkered garden snake' type question. lol Just wondering if they are compatible.

yes!!!!sorry I don't speak english very well :(.so are thamnophis sauritus and sirtalis compatible?

guidofatherof5
01-28-2012, 09:27 PM
Compatible maybe but certainly not advised or recommended. ;)

chris-uk
01-29-2012, 04:03 AM
If you're asking because you want to avoid accidental hybrids, the best policy is to keep snakes of different species in single sex tanks, that way they can't possibly hybridise.