PDA

View Full Version : Weighing the snake...

EasternGirl
01-05-2012, 04:18 PM
I got a digital postal scale today so that I can weigh Cee Cee and watch to see if she is gaining weight...as a indication of her being gravid. I weighed her just now and she is 125 grams. She is not happy with me, btw, shoving her into a container and putting her on a scale. Now...how often should I weigh her?

guidofatherof5
01-05-2012, 04:25 PM
I would think every two weeks would be good.

EasternGirl
01-05-2012, 04:26 PM
Okay. Sounds good. I will post her weight when I weigh her again.

chris-uk
01-05-2012, 05:10 PM
I try to remember to weigh every month, around the start of the month (I actually did a mass weigh today before feeding). If I was looking for a gravid female I'd probably go to weekly weigh ins for her.
I'm currently using kitchen scales, which are probably fine for the larger snakes, but the smaller ones around 20g are probably not giving as accurate results as I'd like. Maybe a postal scale would be a good buy.

EasternGirl
01-05-2012, 11:11 PM
It turns out she is 170 grams...I factored the weight incorrectly...Steve helped me with that. Btw...I was just thinking..."Weighing the Snake"...sounds like a bad 80's metal song.

angrygamer
01-05-2012, 11:41 PM
It turns out she is 170 grams...I factored the weight incorrectly...Steve helped me with that. Btw...I was just thinking..."Weighing the Snake"...sounds like a bad 80's metal song.

heh, I was thinking who would sing that song the best...and my vote goes to Alice Cooper.