PDA

View Full Version : Another sausage?

EasternGirl
12-21-2011, 01:11 PM
I have some pics of Cee Cee....one is a little blurry and she is lying on her rock having a visit with Seeley...it's a little hard to see but she looks like a sausage nonetheless...does she not? She has not eaten since last Thursday. The only thing is the fuller part of her is higher up on her...not on the lower end of her body. I also have a pic of me holding her up...she does not look quite as thick when I hold her up of course.

kibakiba
12-21-2011, 04:58 PM
Hold her in your hand and let her slither between your thumb and fingers, you should feel bumps if she's pregnant.

RedSidedSPR
12-21-2011, 04:58 PM
Wow! Fat! Wouldn't be surprised but I can't tell.

EasternGirl
12-21-2011, 05:58 PM
I didn't feel any bumps...but I didn't feel any bumps when she was pregnant before...but the babies were dead before so maybe that's why. Maybe she's just fat?

aSnakeLovinBabe
12-22-2011, 06:31 AM
the bumps take some skill to feel especially if she is not heavily gravid yet! The snake has to be relaxed, not tense at all, once she is all relaxed and squishy you have to allow her to gently slide forward on her own while you hold your hand in place. Sometimes you will need to hold her for a few minutes until she gets the ants out of her pants and slows down some. you place your thumb on top of her back and bend your index finger in and allow the flat of her belly to slide over the side of your index finger that faces your thumb.... apply gentle downward pressure with your thumb and a bit upward with your index finger while she is crawling... enough so that you can feel her insides as she moves but not so much that it restrains her or makes her tense up.... it takes practice but it gets really easy and it's a great way to detect eggs or babies in a mama snake! Even if the babies were dead last time you would have been able to feel them in there... it just takes practice and it can be a bit harder with a larger, heavier bodied female that has more cushion for the pushin'. LOL!!! Females that are full term and ready to burst can be the hardest because they are SO full that the babies are all overlapping each other and have become one big squishy clump! But usually by the time they are ready to burst they are unmistakably gravid.

EasternGirl
12-22-2011, 10:59 AM
Hmmm....being that she is a very skiddish snake...I don't know if I will ever get her calm enough to do that Shannon! She really never calms down enough. I did get her to sit on my chest very briefly yesterday...but the minute I moved my hand, she started squirming and trying to find a way to take off again. I do know that she looks much bigger than she did a few months ago and that she is eating like a pig...much like she did when she was gravid before. And of course...there were all of those months that she and Seeley were together before I knew Seeley was male. And every time Seeley gets near her he tries to mate...so I would say chances are good she is gravid. I will keep trying to feel bumps but I don't know if I will be able to with her squirming all over the place! Lol...