PDA

View Full Version : Cee Cee and Seely...Journal

EasternGirl
12-03-2011, 10:11 PM
Starting a new thread for my journal for Cee Cee and Seely...now that Seely is male...I can't call the thread the Eastern Girls anymore...

I was trying to get pics of Cee Cee eating tonight...I couldn't get any decent pics of her eating...they all came out blurry...I'm asking for a new camera for Christmas ;). But...I got the cutest pic when she came up to the camera to see what I was doing...

katach
12-04-2011, 12:33 AM
I love the new name!! David Boreanaz is a hottie!!! :D

i_heart_sneakie_snakes
12-04-2011, 12:59 AM
Thats a super cute picture :)

EasternGirl
12-04-2011, 01:41 AM
Thanks...yeah I love that show..and that way I didn't have to change the name really...Selena..Seely...it works. And thanks...I love the pic...she was being so cute coming up to the camera and poking her head out at me!

EasternGirl
12-04-2011, 05:03 PM
I find it interesting that my snakes prefer a certain kind of substrate...maybe that is true of all garters and this isn't actually interesting at all. I have tried different kinds and have found that they prefer Boxo...because it is the best for them to burrow and make their little tunnels in. In fact, I accidently bought some new substrate that Boxo is making that is this flimsy paper stuff and the snakes really don't like it at all...they won't burrow in it and they can't make their little tunnels in it. I had to go out and buy new substrate for them so that I can change it for them so that they can make their tunnels...lol.

EasternGirl
12-05-2011, 08:55 PM
I let Cee Cee and Seely have a supervised visit today...I know...Steve told me they probably had a quicky when my back was turned but I was actually supervising and they were not in together very long...and look how happy they were...

3469 No hanky panky! Lol...

EasternGirl
12-06-2011, 10:20 AM
I'm getting ready to change Cee Cee's substrate. I swear she hates that new substrate that I put in her viv...I accidently grabbed the wrong stuff..it's some new stuff that Boxo is making that is made out of these flimsy little paper shreds. She can't burrow in it and make the little tunnels that she likes to make and she hasn't been burrowing at all since I put it in there. If it gets wet, it disintegrates...it's ridiculous stuff. The only thing it would be useful for is to throw at people at a wedding.

EasternGirl
12-07-2011, 07:34 AM
I think there is a possibility that Cee Cee is already gravid. When I picked her up yesterday she felt very heavy and my son said "Wow! She looks really big!" Oh...dear... I am going to take some pics later and put them up and see what you guys think. I mean...she and Seely were in that enclosure together carrying on for months before I put 2 and 2 together...:rolleyes:.

guidofatherof5
12-07-2011, 10:53 AM
Sounds like they did the math before you did. :D

EasternGirl
12-07-2011, 11:46 AM
Right? :rolleyes:.

EasternGirl
12-07-2011, 12:09 PM
I'm a little concerned about Cee Cee...and perhaps it's nothing...but over the last couple of days it seems to me that she has been a lot less active and hiding a lot. She basically just sits in her rock all day with her head propped in the little hole looking out. Last night she was lying with her head on the side of the water dish all evening...staying in the cool side of her tank. I turned her heat pad off and the lights off because I thought maybe she was hot...it's been very warm here the last couple of days. She's back in her rock hide again and she pokes her head out to see me if I go and look for her. She's just not very active at all. But she ate the other day and she doesn't act sick...I don't know??

guidofatherof5
12-07-2011, 12:17 PM
If she's still tongue flicking and reacts to her environment then she's probably fine. We all have some down days.;)

snakehill
12-07-2011, 12:22 PM
Are gravid snakes less active?

guidofatherof5
12-07-2011, 01:56 PM
Are gravid snakes less active?

At the end of the gestation period I would say.

EasternGirl
12-07-2011, 01:56 PM
I haven't seen her flick her tongue in a while...I'll have to watch for it. I also have to get a pic later so you guys can tell me if you think she's gravid.

Bart
12-07-2011, 02:09 PM
If she's eating I wouldn't be concerned. Before Kleo passed away, she was fasting at least a month and a half. And she wouldn't mate with Seely either. Don't worry. ;)

kibakiba
12-07-2011, 06:31 PM
Marnie, she wouldn't gain weight right away if she were gravid. She wouldn't just go mate then be pregnant and gain weight in 3 or 4 days, gestation in 3 months usually.

EasternGirl
12-07-2011, 08:21 PM
Okay...we have tongue flickering. Chantel...right...but I haven't actually seen mating...I just know that they have been courting for months...if they have actually mated, it could have happened anytime over the last couple of months...actually it could have happened anytime between last August and now. Since I didn't know Seely was male and I didn't know that they were interacting like that...who knows what was going on...

EasternGirl
12-07-2011, 10:18 PM
If Cee Cee isn't preggers I don't know what is going on with her...I put a pinky and a half on a dish in her enclosure tonight and barely got my hand back out of the tank...as soon as she smelled food she looked at my hand and was like "Oh that looks good!"....I still have to take a pic but I'll have to wait now because her belly is all full of pinky!

Seely is sitting in front of two pinky pieces trying to decide if he is going to drop his food boycott and eat...

Hermes is in his little cardboard house with his pinky pieces...I will check later to see if he ate any...he's been in there for a while though so he must be considering it...

kibakiba
12-07-2011, 11:03 PM
You'd be able to tell if she were pregnant, at least if it were in the later stages. You wouldn't notice a change overnight, that's for sure. You'd notice her weight is going up, and her scales would start spreading. She'd pretty much look like a balloon on her lower half.

EasternGirl
12-07-2011, 11:20 PM
Yeah but she didn't look like that when she was pregnant before...which is why I never thought she really was until there were babies coming out everywhere...but maybe she didn't look pregnant because the babies weren't fully developed...but everyone on here said she was pregnant when they saw her pic...but she never looked pregnant to me. Chantel...I am apparently super dumb blonde when it comes to this stuff! :D. I will take a pic of her tomorrow and you tell me what you think. I never noticed any significant bulge though when she was gravid before.

kibakiba
12-08-2011, 03:55 AM
There are telltale signs if she is pregnant, Mama didn't look that pregnant either, you could mistake her for a really fat snake if you didn't know. You can let her slither through your fingers and apply a little pressure to her belly. If there are lumps, it might be babies... I wouldn't feed her for a couple days though, because you'd also feel the food and could mistake that as a baby lump. (though, you'd feel more than one if it were babies)

EasternGirl
12-08-2011, 06:19 AM
Okay...well...I always go a couple of days in between feeding her anyway. I used to feed her once a week. Now I have been trying to feed her less...but more often...so I have been trying to do twice a week. Since I feed her last night, in a couple of days, I will try doing that before I feed her again. Thanks.

EasternGirl
12-09-2011, 10:06 PM
You guys aren't going to believe this...but Cee Cee spoke tonight. Yep...she actually talked to me. She looked right up at me, opened her mouth and said "Hey lady...you spend an awful lot of time looking inside of snake tanks...it's actually pretty sad. You really ought to get a life...get out of the house more often. I'm a snake and even I have a boyfriend".

guidofatherof5
12-10-2011, 11:24 AM
So, what did you say back?

EasternGirl
12-10-2011, 11:35 AM
I said " Whatever. It's easy for you to have a boyfriend. I just plopped a male snake in your tank with you. I should be so lucky! You have it good!". She said " Shut up and give me a pinky". The nerve.

EasternGirl
12-10-2011, 03:42 PM
I don't know if you can tell anything by this pic or if I need to get one holding her up...I didn't have anyone to help take the pic...She looks a little thicker around to me...what do you guys think? Does she look thick? Or do I need to get a better pic for you?3545

EasternGirl
12-11-2011, 09:37 PM
Seeley is on a food boycott again...he hasn't eaten his last two feedings. I don't know what his problem is. Btw...if you are reading this post...please read the post before it...thanks.

EasternGirl
12-11-2011, 09:54 PM
http://i687.photobucket.com/albums/vv235/Marnie313/000_0010.jpg

guidofatherof5
12-11-2011, 10:07 PM
Cee Cee is looking good.

EasternGirl
12-11-2011, 10:40 PM
Thanks! Thanks for the help with the pics!

EasternGirl
12-29-2011, 11:29 AM
I think Seeley finally ate a few bites of worm after going a month without food. I know he ate at least a bite because I saw him swallowing...but I'm not sure how much he ate. I know he didn't eat much though. Perhaps he is going to shed soon...it's been a while for him. I took him out and checked him well yesterday...he does not look skinny or underfed. So I guess he is okay.

tress29
12-29-2011, 02:00 PM
Is Cee Cee getting any fatter?

PINJOHN
12-29-2011, 02:15 PM
You guys aren't going to believe this...but Cee Cee spoke tonight. Yep...she actually talked to me. She looked right up at me, opened her mouth and said "Hey lady...you spend an awful lot of time looking inside of snake tanks...it's actually pretty sad. You really ought to get a life...get out of the house more often. I'm a snake and even I have a boyfriend".
that's amazing Marnie i also come across a talking animal today, after stepping out of the back door i trod in a huge pile of cat dung and slipped on my backside getting it all over my clothes you can understand i was really angry, so when i spotted next doors cat sitting on the fence staring down at me i screamed at it "your responsible for this" and the cat said " me? how"? :rolleyes:

Light of Dae
12-29-2011, 02:15 PM
Maybe try some salmon or trout mixed with worms, something with the irresistible scent for Seely. maybe increase temperatures? I know that helped increase my Radixs' appetite.

I couldn't tell you if Cee Cee looks gravid or not... looks good though lol

EasternGirl
12-29-2011, 03:12 PM
I think Cee Cee looks fatter to me...but I don't know. I know she is eating more and she is very protective...she false strikes at me a lot. I still need to go out to staples and get a digital postal scale like Steve told me so that I can try to start weighing her. I have tried feeling for lumps but I can't feel anything. As far as Seeley goes...I have tried feeding him everything...fish, pinkies, even Wayne's garter goulash. The worms were the first thing he has even taken a nibble of since the time that Cee Cee stole all of his food a month ago. Now...I was moving him out of his tank to feed him because I had changed his substrate to reptibark...and he did not like being moved out of his tank to be fed. Last night I changed his substrate back to carefresh and fed him on a dish in his tank...maybe that is why he ate a little, because he was more secure. I will try feeding him again in a couple of days when I feed everyone else again.

EasternGirl
12-31-2011, 11:34 PM
Cee Cee is getting ready to shed again...I am thinking that this must be another sign that she is in fact gravid because she just shed less than a month ago...I was thinking the only reason she would need to shed again so soon was if she was growing in girth because she should not be having a growth spurt in length as she should be full grown by now. I spoke to Richard about it in another thread and he said that in a full grown snake...shedding this often may be a sign of her being gravid. She has only shed two other times since I found her last May.

EasternGirl
01-05-2012, 10:16 PM
On a good note...Cee Cee had a perfect shed tonight. I am so happy since she had trouble getting her last shed off. I actually got to watch the entire process of the shed coming off...it is actually pretty incredible to watch as the snake slowly inches out of the shed bit by bit...I had to take some pics. She is so beautiful right after a shed, and she looks like a completely different snake...her coloring is different and her pattern looks different...but I could only take pics of the shed...the poor girl was tired and went to sleep in her slim jim can (her favorite hide) after she was done shedding. I took one pic of the shed on a paper towel to show the detail of the eyes and tail...and one holding it up to show how long it was. I also measured her...she is 33 inches long now.

Now...on a not so good note...Seeley was having some trouble tonight...he was trying to regurgitate for a while and then finally started regurgitating foamy stuff out of his mouth. I got very worried and called Steve on Skype...he said that I should just keep an eye on him...if he was acting normal aside from the weird regurgitation stuff tonight. He seems a bit better now. If he starts it up again or acts off in any other way, I'm going to call my vet in the morning and see if any of the vets at the office see reptiles...if not there is a vet office that sees reptiles not far from here. Seeley was my first garter...he is my little man...I worry about him.

guidofatherof5
01-05-2012, 10:34 PM
Glad Cee Cee did so well.

EasternGirl
01-05-2012, 10:46 PM
Thanks...I was like a proud mama watching her get that shed off...I was even cheering her on!