hi friends
I need some help with my dilemma
I really really want more garters
not my humongous wish list, but some
right now I'm in this moving madness, which is supposed to end mid-July
somehow, right now, it feels as though I cannot add another thing
Mikhaila decided to get garters with her birthday money
she wants to take care of them all by herself
it would make sense for me to get babies at the same time, so she can just copy me
I still have some animals right now that could use more attention
I think my two gerrhosaurus could become more comfortable with being handled, for example, if I spent more time with them
they're pretty cool lizards
I'm so garter obsessed though
Scott would be willing to hold snakes for me, until I get settled
I want to just go for it
but then, what should I go for?
just a pair for myself - since Mikhaila's getting some as well?
I'd like some T. radix, more T. elegans vagrans (Mikhaila might get those), and something blueish, like a male T.s.similis, or an anerythristic T.radix
nothing really pricey, though Mikhala is considering a flame
so the issue is mostly time and real estate (both theirs and ours)
with snakes, the actual care takes so much less time than with the lizards
perhaps what I need to do, is to go measure the new space and see what i can fit there
I was assured today that in great likelyhood it will all really happen, and I will not end up living in a subway tunnel, or in a cardboard box on top of a heater vent - or at least not this year

ssssnakeluvr
05-22-2007, 07:17 PM
I got the fever also...wheeling and dealing for more!!!!! If you are interested in wanderings, t e vagrans, can hook you up there....can wait til you are ready for them. :D

ssssnakeluvr
05-22-2007, 07:20 PM
I will be having radix babies real soon, but the will het for nebraska albino, iowa albino, christmas albino...may also produce christmas nebraska albinos and orange normals...hopefully....:rolleyes: I will be keeping back a pair or 2 depending on how many she has.... have you made a guess on the Don's massive garter contest?? I probably will be awarding the winner a baby.....:eek:

Cazador
05-22-2007, 07:27 PM
Hey Rhea,

I know how the garter bug bites a person. No matter what we have, we always want more. I'd suggest letting Mikhaila have her pair first. Then when the "newness" wears off and the garter bug bites again... THEN buying your new snakes. Summer is long, and the primary buying season is still in front of us :).

Rick

stonyloam
05-22-2007, 08:17 PM
Rhea: I think I am going down the same road!

Ameivaboy
05-23-2007, 12:11 AM
yea i kind went nuts on garters myself and currently have 7 in my house (though one im holding for someone) lol my apartment is getting filled up
and im currently expecting 3 litters of garters, a lot more leo hatchlings and am in the process of building a 6.5' x 2.5' x 2.5'x cage for my argentine tegu to stack on top of the one I already have for my colombian tegu, ugh lol soon i wont even be able to walk arond

drache
05-23-2007, 07:24 AM
Hey Rhea,

I know how the garter bug bites a person. No matter what we have, we always want more. I'd suggest letting Mikhaila have her pair first. Then when the "newness" wears off and the garter bug bites again... THEN buying your new snakes. Summer is long, and the primary buying season is still in front of us :).

Rick

Rick
you're so darn sensible
and of course perfectly right on

btw
Mikhaila is now leaning more toward a Flame and I'm feeling very tempted to get a mate for her's, even though I'm really stuck on the Plains

oh well
perhaps I can keep myself happy with anticipation for a while

and Don
your massive Garter is the prettiest albino I've ever seen and the first one I'd ever wanted (I don't like that nightcrawler pink colouring on many albinos). I'd most certainly be very interested in her offspring.

I'm going to be sensible though and stick with Rick's suggestion for now (as long as he's looking) or at least until after we move (early July).

anybody here know that song "Agony" from "Into The Woods" (Sondheim)?
it's stuck in my head

adamanteus
05-23-2007, 01:59 PM
Hi Rhea, I think Rick's advice is good. Best to wait until you've made your house move and got yourself sorted out over there. As Rick so rightly says, the season is still in front of us.:)