PDA

View Full Version : Will someone tell me how to set the correct time?

EasternGirl
11-22-2011, 12:25 AM
I have my settings on Eastern time...which is what Delaware is supposed to be...but the time is completely wrong on all my posts...what am I doing wrong??? Help!

katach
11-22-2011, 01:06 AM
You have to set the day light savings option.

1: Profile Page
2: Forum Actions
3: General Settings
4: DST Correction Option
5: DST correction always off

EasternGirl
11-22-2011, 02:31 AM
Thank you Kat!!

snakehill
11-22-2011, 08:06 AM
I still haven't been able to change it! Good luck! :o

katach
11-22-2011, 08:25 AM
You're welcome!

snakehill
11-22-2011, 08:32 AM
Yes thanks Kat! I finally changed it with your instructions! :)

katach
11-22-2011, 08:33 AM
Glad I could help! :)

ConcinusMan
11-23-2011, 05:23 PM
Oh, BTW, a while back they changed the date for setting the clocks back an hour. Ever since then, when the time changes, the computer you're working on doesn't change. It always goes back an hour on the OLD date. So, for a while your computer will be off by an hour. I think that might have something to do with it. I

It's doing it to me too. Says I posted at 4: something but my computer says its 3: something. It always corrected for the time change before. I guess I need to go in and change the setting again. Maybe the setting reverted back to "no correction" when they updated the forum software.

EasternGirl
11-23-2011, 05:35 PM
yeah...when I went back and turned the DST Correction to always off, it fixed it...mine had been off an hour too...Thanks again Kat!

katach
11-24-2011, 01:05 AM
No problem. I had to do it too. I just played with all the settings until i fixed it. :D

infernalis
11-24-2011, 10:24 AM
I never gave it thought until this thread surfaced.

DST is stupid anyhow.

ConcinusMan
11-24-2011, 04:43 PM
I agree, but we don't have much choice. If the outside world changes their clocks, then I must also. Windows PC's sync time automatically with a server. If you want to change the time on your PC for some reason, it will just go back to what it was automatically. The only way to stop it, is to configure your firewall to block communication with that server. I had to do that for a few years. Dang computer was time changing on the old date. Took years for them to fix it so I had to block the sync and change my PC clock backwards manually. What a PITA. and by the way, I changed the settings in my profile and it's still doing it. My posts are an hour later than my actual local time . SIGH. FAIL.

While we're on the subject, for those in the U.S., this is the real time to within hundredths of a second. I sync all my clocks to this, and all so called "radio atomic" clocks do too, by satellite signal. (requires Java plugin)

The official US time (NIST & USNO)

(http://www.time.gov/)

ConcinusMan
11-24-2011, 04:56 PM
My local time is 2:56 PM. Post says 3:56 PM. I tried every setting choice in my profile. Still does it.