PDA

View Full Version : Layne Labs

katach
11-04-2011, 07:54 PM
I received the order of 500 large pinkie mice today. They came in a cooler, wrapped in metallic bubble wrap, with dry ice. They are fantastic!! I ordered over the phone and they were extremely friendly and helpful. They had no problem splitting the order so Chantel and I can easily split them. They called me today to let me know that my order was on time and would be delivered. They even congratulated me on my engagement. The pinkies look wonderful, there were none stuck together. I am very pleased with this company and recommend anyone looking for inexpensive, high quality mice to use use this company. They are located out of Santa Maria, CA. 500 large pinkie mice shipped to WA was only 113.82 (aprox. $.23ea.)

Chantel you're going to be so pleased with these!!

Snake Food, Reptile Food, Feed Carnivores, Birds of Prey : Layne Labs.com (http://www.laynelabs.com/)

chris-uk
11-04-2011, 08:08 PM
Good price. Shame the shipping to the UK wouldn't be favourable.

Fun with Dry ice.... Either drop a few pellets in people's beer in a bar (we did that in the Uni bar when I was a student). Or a 2 litre soda coke bottle half filled with water add a few pellets, screw the lid on and point the top at the ground - stand back and wait for the bottle to go higher than any air-pumped bottle rocket... Just make sure the bottle can't fall over and keeps pointing skyward as it fires hard enough to do some damage.

guidofatherof5
11-04-2011, 08:09 PM
Sounds like a good reliable company for our west coast members to deal with.
.23 per pinky is a whole lot cheaper than buying them at most pet shops.
Thanks for making this thread.

katach
11-04-2011, 08:12 PM
@ Chris: Bill has already made a dry ice bomb with it. :D
@Steve: I figured this needed it's own thread. I am very pleased with them, thank you for finding the site for me!

On a shipping note, they do ship to Canada, but you have to call to get the pricing for that. ( I would imagine it would be pricey) They don't ship anywhere else outside the US though.

chris-uk
11-04-2011, 08:14 PM
Dry ice bomb made. Good.
Now try using it to freeze a beer to the table. :-)

katach
11-04-2011, 09:47 PM
Awww, bummer no beer here.

brain
11-05-2011, 12:49 AM
A good price I get mine at Big Cheese

RATE CHART (http://www.bigcheeserodents.com/Pricing.html)

katach
11-05-2011, 01:00 AM
What is the shipping charges? I notice they are out of texas, could be less expensive for you to use Layne. Layne has an excellent web site with a lot of information about the company and it's methods.

PINJOHN
11-05-2011, 04:56 AM
[QUOTE=katach;187185]@ Chris: Bill has already made a dry ice bomb with it. :D

Dry ice bomb made. Good.

Now try using it to freeze a beer to the table. :-)

HEY you two at the back of the class behave :mad:

katach
11-05-2011, 09:23 AM
..... Yes sir..... :(

pauleve
11-05-2011, 06:13 PM
got a supplier just down the road with great bulk prices :)
May be useful to Chris

https://www.frozendirect.com/shop/product.php?mode=add&productid=2&cat=269&page=&is_featured_product=

brain
11-06-2011, 02:04 PM
What is the shipping charges? I notice they are out of texas, could be less expensive for you to use Layne. Layne has an excellent web site with a lot of information about the company and it's methods.

$48.36 2-day vice Lane $40.12

How did you get 33.82 S/H?

So yea I could save $8.24. Either way I could save

I might look into that.

katach
11-06-2011, 02:26 PM
That is just what they charge to my zip. The package was 8lbs. and the size of a small styrofoam cooler. They sent me a $5 off my next online purchase coupon also. You should really switch.