PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. Michael (deformed)

NickeyV
10-17-2011, 12:39 PM
I was wondering is it possible to cremate a baby garter snake or would he be too small? He was about 2in maybe longer and he was like a cm wide I think.

guidofatherof5
10-17-2011, 01:26 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss.
Don't see why not but don't see why? No offense meant.
Are you planning on keeping the ashes?

Kantar
10-17-2011, 04:39 PM
finding a small enough urn might be a chore, but can easily find one at a 2nd hand store. I guess multiple layers of tin foil over a fire would do for a cremation?

infernalis
10-18-2011, 04:49 AM
If you don't wish to keep ashes, a campfire will completely destroy all remains.

NickeyV
10-18-2011, 11:23 AM
finding a small enough urn might be a chore, but can easily find one at a 2nd hand store. I guess multiple layers of tin foil over a fire would do for a cremation?

I was thinking of pet cremation jewelry. Its jewelry where you can put ashes in it and then permanently seal it. I was thinking of picking a necklace or something. Have you or anyone ever done anything like that with your pets or a way to remember them?

kibakiba
10-18-2011, 12:18 PM
I keep pictures on my external, and memories in my mind. It's been a long time since I've had a friend (all of my 'pets' were usually my only friend) die, and I remember each and every one of them. With Speckles' death, I made a folder on my external and put all of my pictures of her in there, I can go back and remember my good times with her. She'll always have a place in my heart, and that's all I need in terms of having a way of remembering her.

dieselbaby
10-24-2011, 12:17 AM
Did that rescue take the other snakes, how is mama doing? i haven't seen the other thread updated and have been worried about the babies.

Mommy2many
10-24-2011, 06:03 PM
I have heard the ashes being used to make jewelry thru "melting"? I believe? It becomes a stone that is kept. Another idea is to keep some ashes in a vial, such a some have kept blood (think Angelina Jolie?)