PDA

View Full Version : Annoying bugs

brain
10-10-2011, 03:08 PM
What about the one at the top of the tread just above like item “Search” or“House tab” where the text is not is the granite bar.
Little things but annoying for me

Boots
10-11-2011, 11:28 PM
Annoying yes, but will be solved soon. I will post once it is, but it should be obvious once it is fixed.

Jason

Boots
10-11-2011, 11:35 PM
I think that got it. Please let me know if that was not the problem.

Jason

zooplan
10-11-2011, 11:45 PM
This is not a real bug...
but I´m missing the old emoticons :´C

Boots
10-11-2011, 11:52 PM
I thought I replaced the new ones with the old ones. Are you sure they are not there? :confused:

Jason

katach
10-11-2011, 11:54 PM
They are there, I see them. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Boots
10-11-2011, 11:57 PM
My pleasure, just glad it is starting to come together.

Jason

zooplan
10-12-2011, 12:04 AM
:D~~I can see clearly ~ now...:D

snakehill
10-12-2011, 08:32 AM
Thank you Jason!!! :D :D :D

zooplan
10-12-2011, 11:51 PM
This is nothing I couldn´t deal with and maybe it´s my fault, but...
I can´t enter an emoticon at the end of my text and get behind it for further writing.

brain
10-13-2011, 12:06 AM
Yep got it ty vm :)

and ty for the old icons

brain
10-13-2011, 12:12 AM
Wow just shifted screens and did get a chance to read any posts ... and well I don't have any now? But I can searcg the last 24 hours?

What did I touch to mark them as "All Read" ??

snakehill
11-07-2011, 09:46 AM
Not sure if this is the right place to post this but when we viewed photos on the old forum you could view them one after another. Now you have to view them individually. I find this annoying but what do I know?:rolleyes: Also having trouble changing the time to EST.

brain
11-07-2011, 10:55 AM
I don't have that sort of issue.

I just checked and I can see photos and albums in sequence. At the top pf each pic there is a "Next" buton.

Hope this helps

snakehill
11-07-2011, 12:52 PM
I don't have the next button like I used to.:(

RedSidedSPR
11-07-2011, 04:31 PM
The photos are the same as always for me. It's different depending on who posts and how it's posted.

It can be like either of these depending on who and how.

[done with an image hosting site, posting the forum URL, in this case the site is Imageshack. This is how i do it. You can also use the forums gallery but it doesn't except large files like my photos]
http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/2051/p9170361.jpg

[simply inserted this one. What this does is now ya gotta click it... not as viewer-friendly]

[and this was another way of attaching. Better then the above way as it doesn't open a new tab, but still.]

Didymus20X6
11-07-2011, 06:47 PM
http://i40.tinypic.com/2guwml5.jpg

Yeah, he is a pretty annoying bug. But I find that blasting him with my power bands usually does the trick.

katach
11-08-2011, 01:53 AM
Thumbnails open in a new tab for me (both the above thumbnail pics)

snakehill
11-26-2011, 08:19 AM
I can't view any videos! What do I need to do? Any help would be appreciated!!! :(

infernalis
11-26-2011, 08:22 AM
I can't view any videos! What do I need to do? Any help would be appreciated!!! :(

That's not necessarily a forum bug.

Is your Flash up to date? all of your codecs current?

snakehill
11-26-2011, 08:40 AM
Probably not!!! :p

infernalis
11-26-2011, 03:33 PM
I am sure there is more appropriate places to have this discussion guys.

This thread is here for members to post FORUM bugs & help Boots find any software issues within the forum program.

It's so quiet comes to mind.

Thank you.

RedSidedSPR
11-26-2011, 04:46 PM
Sorry.

kerensa
08-31-2012, 08:39 AM
I somehow keep getting subscribed to threads, and it starts sending me e-mails... and I have to continueally go unsubscribe from them. drives me nuts and makes me want to just ask the spam filter to fix the e-mail issue.

Boots
08-31-2012, 08:55 AM
I somehow keep getting subscribed to threads, and it starts sending me e-mails... and I have to continueally go unsubscribe from them. drives me nuts and makes me want to just ask the spam filter to fix the e-mail issue.

Not really a bug. When you post on a thread you are notified when there is an update to that thread. If you do not want to be notified, you will need to make the change in your user profile, and in the future you will not be notified. It will not remove your current subscription though, you will have to remove those manually. That can also be done in the "user CP".

Jason

EasternGirl
08-31-2012, 09:04 AM
I still can't get my signature to include all that I want it to...I know it's possible because other people have sigs much longer than mine. I tried to click on "remove formatting"...it helped a little but...

Boots
08-31-2012, 09:06 AM
I still can't get my signature to include all that I want it to...I know it's possible because other people have sigs much longer than mine. I tried to click on "remove formatting"...it helped a little but...

PM me the full signature you would like, and I will have a look to see where it is limited.

Jason

kerensa
08-31-2012, 09:20 AM
Where do I find that? I have hunted for it many many times. the only things I have found I can change on "my Profile" are Buttons, content color or text and header color and text. there are no links to other pages. UIs this another case of windows 8 issues?

come to think of it I don't have links to edit my "about me" or anything else. just the buttons, content text and header text and colors.

Not really a bug. When you post on a thread you are notified when there is an update to that thread. If you do not want to be notified, you will need to make the change in your user profile, and in the future you will not be notified. It will not remove your current subscription though, you will have to remove those manually. That can also be done in the "user CP".

Jason

Boots
08-31-2012, 09:36 AM
Where do I find that? I have hunted for it many many times. the only things I have found I can change on "my Profile" are Buttons, content color or text and header color and text. there are no links to other pages. UIs this another case of windows 8 issues?

come to think of it I don't have links to edit my "about me" or anything else. just the buttons, content text and header text and colors.

Forum Actions > Edit profile. Under My account > General Setting look for "Default Thread Subscription Mode". In the drop down menu select "Do not subscribe". Any problems, please let me know.

Jason

ConcinusMan
01-24-2013, 06:10 PM
I noticed earlier today, there was a link showing up under my avatar that said something "contact... using skype" . It caught my eye because that's not usually there. It usually looks like this, and when you hover your mouse over the "x" says javascript void. What's up with that? Why was there a skype link earlier today but most of the time there isn't?

http://i50.tinypic.com/67oc9s.png

Boots
01-24-2013, 06:17 PM
That is a good question, as I have not been working on the site. Guess I will be tonight.

Jason

ConcinusMan
01-24-2013, 06:41 PM
A moment ago, the skype link reappeared, then disappeared again while I was looking at it.