PDA

View Full Version : UK Members Please stay safe.

guidofatherof5
08-09-2011, 04:43 PM
During these difficult time in London and surrounding areas please be safe.
You are all in our thoughts. ;)

infernalis
08-09-2011, 07:44 PM
I have been corresponding with a couple people who live in the middle of it all.

Scary stuff.

RedSidedSPR
08-09-2011, 07:47 PM
Yeah really.

What Steve said. In our thoughts.

katach
08-09-2011, 08:09 PM
Definitely. Please stay safe.

snakeman
08-09-2011, 08:12 PM
Coming soon to America.Everybody stay safe!

guidofatherof5
08-09-2011, 08:14 PM
You may just have a point there.

PINJOHN
08-10-2011, 03:01 AM
thanks everybody for your comments i live in Liverpool as you will know, as i mention it as often as possible, it,s a fabulous place, but we have had some trouble here too, it,s copycat stuff i'm afraid, but small potatoes compered with London, and now Manchester only thirty five miles away, is going up in smoke its real scary stuff, here in my city the older people have been taking to the streets in the hot spots and attempting to calm the young people, explaining that its our community's, our city,and its just not acceptable to burn and loot and we will not accept that behavior so far that seems to be working.
the one thing this city does have is strong community bonds and a strong city identity so with a bit of luck and a little help from above we might just come through this a bit better than other places

ScimitarX
08-10-2011, 08:37 AM
Nottigham was bad last night, but fortunately they stayed away from the area i live in.

thinking of everyone else who lived in the worse affected areas.

Mix
08-10-2011, 09:10 AM
Definitely! I'm in Birmingham and there's been copycat stuff here too. Fortunately I'm away from the city centre, which I am thankful for, since I used to live there. That seems to have been the worst so far.
There have been some incidents happening outside of the centre now too - some just a mile or two from us, but thankfully nothing right here. Staying away from the 'hotspots', locking up at night and hoping everyone's ok.
Just can't believe the mindlessness of it all, and that some poor guys here in Birmingham have actually lost their lives. Not good.

jitami
08-10-2011, 10:45 AM
Thinking of you all...

Laura
08-10-2011, 11:55 AM
Urgh, you guys are lucky you are further away from all this disguting behaviour. Really have lost faith in humanity the past couple of days

Mommy2many
08-11-2011, 08:37 PM
Please stay safe!

Laura
08-12-2011, 01:51 AM
It's all calming down now thankfully :) the courts have been on 24hr shifts leading to over 400 convictions and steadily rising. Now time to rebuild and rethink :P

ConcinusMan
09-02-2011, 12:00 AM
Really have lost faith in humanity the past couple of days

What do you mean? I've always had faith this would happen and that it wouldn't take much for people to just fall apart and act like complete animals. That goes for any location:rolleyes:

You know, it's weird. I didn't hear a word about it. I had to look it up just now to see what the heck you guys are talking about.

http://verydemotivational.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/demotivational-posters-london-riots.jpg

PINJOHN
09-02-2011, 03:25 AM
All quiet over here since those four days of maddness, the police are very busy still sifting through thousands of hour's of CCTV footage identifying and dragging in to court those sh*ts who thought it was acceptable to destroy other people's livelihoods, i am not surprised that you may have missed this in your media Richard, my impression from the half dozen or so trips i'v made to the states is that american newspaper's cover very little world news, there was of course stuff on Iraq and Afghanistan but that was i suppose because America and Britain were involved in these places, thankfully your television gave a much wider view on world events.
in reality i have not spent an awful lot of time over there, so its possible my impression is a little skewd :)

katach
09-02-2011, 04:49 AM
I get all my news from the BBC. I like to know what is happening in the world.

RedSidedSPR
09-02-2011, 07:10 AM
I get it all from Yahoo.:D