PDA

View Full Version : Hamburg, PA Show 8-6-11

count dewclaw
08-05-2011, 07:28 PM
Anyone else going to be there? Any known garter snake vendors?

count dewclaw
08-06-2011, 03:30 AM
Well, we leave soon for the show (3.5 hour drive). I'll let you know how it goes...

guidofatherof5
08-06-2011, 07:54 AM
Have a safe drive.
Looking forward to your update.

count dewclaw
08-06-2011, 03:38 PM
We are safely home. The show was interesting, lots of boas, corns, and milks. Some venomous snakes, some arachnids, some geckos/lizards, and supplies. I saw 1 garter snake, a red sided garter. I did not buy the garter snake, but I did buy a Cal. King striped morph (my husband said I should get something since we drove all the way down there).

guidofatherof5
08-06-2011, 04:03 PM
Glad to hear things went well.
Anything special about the Red Sided?
Not that being a Red Sided isn't special enough.
Was it an adult? What about the price? Just wondering;)

count dewclaw
08-06-2011, 04:14 PM
The red sided appeared to be a yearling, the price was $35 (I think). I didn't really look that closely since I want to round out my radix, puget, and atratus groups before I add any other garters.

count dewclaw
08-06-2011, 08:34 PM
Here's a picture of the little guy I bought today. Had to have that "paid" sticker to get out the door.

http://www.thamnophis.com/thamphotos/data//500/medium/caliking.JPG

guidofatherof5
08-06-2011, 08:43 PM
Beautiful snake.

aSnakeLovinBabe
08-06-2011, 09:18 PM
This hamburg was pretty much a bust. Nothing that really stood out to me, other than some CB cave dwelling rat snakes and there were a couple nice carpets! I did not buy anything though... I couldn't anyways if I had wanted to! There were more garters than one, but less than normal, Frank had some marcianus, normals and amels, and someone had a tank with 6 baby oregon red spots, another table had an adult albino checkered and another table had one red spot baby. There was also an adult female red striped ribbon, an adult female western blackneck, and a sickly looking female western ribbon. (I know pretty much know all the vendors and I just kinda know where to look) Usually there is more...... the number of underweight animals at this show was kinda disconcerting. Especially this irian jaya carpet python female that was at outback reptiles.... I felt so bad for that poor girl... she was so skinny, a 3.5 foot carpet should not have sagging skin and a protruding spine.... :( why would they try to sell an animal like that, let alone for $150?

RedSidedSPR
08-06-2011, 09:19 PM
Heck yeah, he's awesome!! Love that stripe!

EDIT: again. Shannon posted at the same time.

count dewclaw
08-07-2011, 02:36 PM
Shannon, if I ever go again, I'll have to find out from you where to look. I obviously missed a lot. Still sounds like they didn't have what I was looking for.

ConcinusMan
09-04-2011, 02:25 PM
This hamburg was pretty much a bust. Nothing that really stood out to me, other than some CB cave dwelling rat snakes and there were a couple nice carpets! I did not buy anything though... I couldn't anyways if I had wanted to! There were more garters than one, but less than normal, Frank had some marcianus, normals and amels, and someone had a tank with 6 baby oregon red spots, another table had an adult albino checkered and another table had one red spot baby. There was also an adult female red striped ribbon, an adult female western blackneck, and a sickly looking female western ribbon. (I know pretty much know all the vendors and I just kinda know where to look) Usually there is more...... the number of underweight animals at this show was kinda disconcerting. Especially this irian jaya carpet python female that was at outback reptiles.... I felt so bad for that poor girl... she was so skinny, a 3.5 foot carpet should not have sagging skin and a protruding spine.... :( why would they try to sell an animal like that, let alone for $150?

Good grief!

Mrs N1ntndo
09-04-2011, 10:52 PM
Shannon couldve u have called someone to report it. I dont knw how those things work at a show cause Ive never been to one. I would love to go those.

ConcinusMan
09-04-2011, 11:11 PM
Not so sure that would be the best way to deal with it. I would simply never put down money for such an animal.

Starling96
09-05-2011, 10:24 AM
Just curious, how much was the black neck?