PDA

View Full Version : Baby garter snakes!!

Blacsmiff
07-10-2006, 10:46 PM
So on a fishing trip to lake erie two months ago. i found an all black eastern garter snake. i had trouble identifying it as a garter snake. as i had never seen this coloration before. it's scales and underbelly are all black except for directly
under it's neck and head. I also caught a butlers garter snake on the trip.

i decided to take them home. and last week they both gave birth!! the black garter had about two dozen babys. six all black the rest have varying color paterns.

any tips/link's on baby garter snakes and garter snake color variations would be very appreciated:) :) :D

ssssnakeluvr
07-13-2006, 11:01 PM
check out Scott Felzer's website..... gartersnakemorphs.com He has a large collection of garters. he has melanistic easterns, very nice snakes!!!!!

Kaabi
07-18-2006, 10:38 AM
The site isn't working, it seems that the domain has expired and unless it is renewed soon it will be deleted. I hope this Scott fellow renews it soon, unless he feels his site wasn't doing good enough and wants it to die.

ssssnakeluvr
07-18-2006, 05:56 PM
I chat with him on a regular basis....he will be getting his site back up soon.

Boots
07-19-2006, 09:28 AM
I chat with him on a regular basis....he will be getting his site back up soon.

Scott's site is back up and can be viewed http://www.gartersnakemorphs.com/

maverick
07-19-2006, 03:08 PM
Boots, Scott's site must have went back down sometime today.

Blacsmiff
07-21-2006, 12:42 PM
check out Scott Felzer's website..... gartersnakemorphs.com He has a large collection of garters. he has melanistic easterns, very nice snakes!!!!!

Yeh this melanistic trait the garters have here in ohio is amazing. thanks for the link. I never knew eastern garter snakes had so many variations.

I cant wait to breed my melanistic.