PDA

View Full Version : T. Sirtalis

garterman07
05-09-2007, 04:07 PM
has any one ever kept these??? this is what rico is and he just got done shedding today...unfortunatly the little bugger knew i wanted to see that so he did it while i was at school... but any ways i was just wondering if any has these they are very common in wisconsin live all over the state but are very neat. they have very bright colorings.

adamanteus
05-09-2007, 04:16 PM
Hi Chris, I think you'll find that quite a few of our members keep T. sirtalis. Do you know what sub-species you have? I'm presuming T. s. sirtalis? If you're unsure, you could post a photo of Rico (if you haven't aleady done so).

http://www.thamnophis.com/forum/site-feedback-suggestions-questions/181-posting-pictures.html?highlight=posting+photos

Some of the guys on here could help you to identify him.

garterman07
05-09-2007, 04:19 PM
it took an effort to get a picture of him cause he hates flashes but i got a couple good pics and later tonight or early tomorrow i can have them on here in my galery. the shots might be a little distant because he was moving when i took them.

but to be honest i have to ideas as to what he is (one things for sure hes cute)

adamanteus
05-09-2007, 04:26 PM
If flash is a problem, why not use natural sunlight? After all, you take him outside often enough!:rolleyes:

Sid
05-09-2007, 07:07 PM
Hi Chris,
I keep both T. s. sirtalis "Eastern Garters" and T. S. concinnus "oregon Red-spotted"

Sid

garterman07
05-09-2007, 07:23 PM
i believe he is an eastern garter. almost completely positive about that.