PDA

View Full Version : Yikes... baby just chomped the other...

RedSidedSPR
06-14-2011, 10:51 AM
ok i was feeding my two babies last evening. I had just fed my flame and was putting him back in... he came back over to my hand as i was starting to pick up my anery... the flame smelled the food on my hand, and when the anery moved, the flame just nipped him:eek: More than a nip, he chomped down on him...The anery jumped and ran away, but seems ok.. I looked in the place where he got bit, and at first he had this little white, mark... but I don't see anything now.. At the moment they are sleeping on top of each other.. seems normal.

The flame is nippy anyway.. he strikes at me (hard:D), and bites when he gets startled. But he's never bit anything else.

Should I be concerned? There's no visible damage...

aSnakeLovinBabe
06-14-2011, 10:53 AM
nope! don't be concerned... your snakes will be fine :)

guidofatherof5
06-14-2011, 10:56 AM
They are tough as nails.
Probably didn't even break the skin.

RedSidedSPR
06-14-2011, 11:00 AM
Ok, good, it was kind of a vicious looking "attack"... glad to know

Thanks.

kibakiba
06-14-2011, 02:42 PM
If you know that they didn't bite each others mouths, you don't have to be concerned. If it was just on the head of the snake, it's fine. If you're worried, monitor their mouths. If any swelling occurs, they'll need some medicine to make it all better. I had problems with that, I didn't witness the attack but both of them had a pretty bad mouth infection. I didn't notice the swelling until (probably) a couple weeks after it had happened.

RedSidedSPR
06-14-2011, 07:30 PM
It was the middle of his body... i wasn't worried to much it didn't do damge so...

Thanks.

ConcinusMan
06-25-2011, 09:16 PM
Happens all the time. Nothing to worry about. As Chantel was saying, you should be careful about mouth-to-mouth bites or two snakes trying to swallow the same piece of food, but other than that, it's just another day in paradise.:D

Hornets23
06-25-2011, 10:58 PM
It may have seemed intense but you really just triggered his feeding response. Just keep an eye on them when feeding. Probably wouldnt be a problem any other time..