PDA

View Full Version : repticon columbia sc. show

BLUESIRTALIS
06-13-2011, 10:27 AM
Is anybody coming to the columbia sc show this coming weekend june the 18th and 19th.:rolleyes:

Cfleming
06-15-2011, 06:23 PM
Nope, but I will be at the Myrtle Beach show next month.

BLUESIRTALIS
06-16-2011, 10:19 AM
I'll be going there too.

RedSidedSPR
06-16-2011, 11:00 AM
DANG I want to go, but the only time I'll be in Myrtle beach, (or SC) is in Sep!!!

Crap.

BLUESIRTALIS
06-21-2011, 09:09 AM
The show was real nice saturday. There was a nice selection of snakes, but not many garters. My friend did find a wild caught adult female erythristic eastern that he bought before i could get to it. She is a bright red and she has grey on her sides.
He also picked up a liophis poecilogyrus what an awesome snake. Im starting to get jealous here. The liophis took a pinky last night. Both are very neat snakes.

RedSidedSPR
06-21-2011, 09:21 AM
Nice. Work faster next time, man. ;)

BLUESIRTALIS
06-21-2011, 10:19 AM
I was stuck watching the tables at our booth.

RedSidedSPR
06-21-2011, 11:22 AM
ah, you had a booth... that's different then :D

did ya sell anything?

BLUESIRTALIS
06-21-2011, 12:18 PM
We sold a few things mostly captive bred cobras and a few retics. My friend picked up like 6 baby gaboon vipers and some broadbanded copperheads. He sold the hypo bandeds he got an offer he couldn't resist.

RedSidedSPR
06-21-2011, 12:27 PM
YOU BREED COBRAS?!?!?! That's freaking AWESOME!!!

How do you keep them? Set up etc.?

BLUESIRTALIS
06-21-2011, 02:14 PM
Most of them are set up in 20 longs and 55gal tanks with locking lids. The cobras don't belong to me though they belong to a friend of mine. All he has left now is a pair of coral cobras, 1 albino monocle and 3 formoson cobras. He sold about 9 big breeders at the show.

RedSidedSPR
06-21-2011, 03:29 PM
that's awesome.

BLUESIRTALIS
03-06-2013, 04:00 PM
It's that time again!!! Columbia repticon show this coming weekend (03/09/13 & 03/10/13)! Anyone coming?

kueluck
03-07-2013, 06:18 AM
I'll be there. It's our 27th wedding anniversary this weekend & we're headed down tomorrow morning for the weekend. TJ gets a trip to Palmetto State Armory, I get Repticon. It's a win-win weekend. I'll be at the show Saturday only, heading back to W-S the next day.

BLUESIRTALIS
03-07-2013, 09:01 AM
Hey gail are you just going to look around or are you looking for a certain herp! I know you like amphibians as well. I may have a few things avail! Let me know if you are looking for anything special!

I'll be there. It's our 27th wedding anniversary this weekend & we're headed down tomorrow morning for the weekend. TJ gets a trip to Palmetto State Armory, I get Repticon. It's a win-win weekend. I'll be at the show Saturday only, heading back to W-S the next day.

kueluck
03-08-2013, 06:47 AM
Mostly supplies, but I want 2 more American Green Tree Frogs, and I'm also a sucker when it comes to toads.
Hey gail are you just going to look around or are you looking for a certain herp! I know you like amphibians as well. I may have a few things avail! Let me know if you are looking for anything special!

BLUESIRTALIS
03-08-2013, 10:34 AM
You should be able to find plenty of frogs tomorrow! Maybe ill see you around. I plan to get to the show around 10:00 if all goes well.

Mostly supplies, but I want 2 more American Green Tree Frogs, and I'm also a sucker when it comes to toads.

mikem
03-08-2013, 11:27 AM
I'll be there :)

kueluck
03-08-2013, 02:44 PM
Are you gonna need some handcuffs so you don't get every garter you come across? :p I recall at Myrtle Beach last year you walked out with several containers, didn't you??
I'll be there :)

BLUESIRTALIS
03-08-2013, 03:01 PM
I don't know about Mike with the handcuffs, but my wife already told me she plans on handcuffing me tomorrow!:confused: Hey wait, maybe Mike can help me break free!:rolleyes:

are you gonna need some handcuffs so you don't get every garter you come across? :p i recall at myrtle beach last year you walked out with several containers, didn't you??

mikem
03-08-2013, 03:08 PM
Other than the ones I picked up from Scott, I just got that one you pointed out to me at the table across from Scott's.... i think, lol ;) I'm hoping there will be some nice garters, but I'm thinking the show in June will have more than tomorrow. We shall see. Shawn, you stay handcuffed and show me the ones you want, then i'll buy them for myself!

BLUESIRTALIS
03-08-2013, 03:13 PM
I guess i'll just have to trade you stuff for them then!

BLUESIRTALIS
03-11-2013, 08:08 AM
The show was a very good show and was packed out with vendors and customers! I only seen a few garters, ribbons, and waters though. I plan to vend the show in july and if all goes well should have lots of baby garters avail! I enjoyed getting to meet with gail and mike again and hope that the both of them enjoyed the show as well!

mikem
03-11-2013, 10:07 AM
It was great seeing you guys again! I had a good time. Looking forward to July!

ProXimuS
03-11-2013, 02:11 PM
Glad you guys had a good time. I can't to go to a show. I've never been to one :o

BLUESIRTALIS
03-11-2013, 02:37 PM
This one guy had a whole tank full of ribbons!:p Some of the little guys were in poor condition though.:(
Glad you guys had a good time. I can't to go to a show. I've never been to one :o

kueluck
03-12-2013, 05:03 AM
It was good seeing you guys also, but I didn't see any handcuffs. And for someone (Mike) who said at the beginning of the show that he really didn't see anything worth getting..................was it two pythons and something else you had when I saw you last??? :p

kueluck
03-12-2013, 05:05 AM
The guys said they were for a movie shoot and was just trying to recoup his money. They were really inexpensive also.
This one guy had a whole tank full of ribbons!:p Some of the little guys were in poor condition though.:(

BLUESIRTALIS
03-12-2013, 05:05 AM
You know that money was burning holes in mike's pockets!:p

It was good seeing you guys also, but I didn't see any handcuffs. And for someone (Mike) who said at the beginning of the show that he really didn't see anything worth getting..................was it two pythons and something else you had when I saw you last??? :p

mikem
03-12-2013, 11:14 AM
haha, I've been wanting to pick up a pair of mojave ball pythons for a while now and finally found an awesome looking pair with high blushing. And they were priced a lot lower than I was expecting to pay, so I couldn't pass them up. Gail, I literally saw them five minutes after telling you I didn't see anything I wanted, lol! I also picked up a black racer for $5.

BLUESIRTALIS
07-10-2013, 02:14 PM
It's that time again! This weekend the history of Columbia repticon will change, lol. This will be the first Columbia show that will have four tables representing garters! The most I've ever seen is a few here and there on random tables so I'm stoked about it!!! If you're in the area stop by and check it out!

mikem
07-10-2013, 02:43 PM
I'll be in the area! Can't wait :cool:

jwolfe152
07-10-2013, 04:40 PM
wow i would love to go but its a little far to drive and a lot of gas lol. is there a way to look up reptile shows like this one in different places?

guidofatherof5
07-10-2013, 04:51 PM
Reptile Show and Event Calendar (http://www.reptilechannel.com/reptile-events/reptile-events.aspx)

kueluck
07-11-2013, 04:35 AM
Very sad, can't make it to the Columbia one, but headed to Raleigh July 20th and Durham in Sept, but just for supplies. You guys have fun.

BLUESIRTALIS
07-11-2013, 05:03 AM
Sorry you can't make it Gail! We'll miss you at the show! I hope you have fun at the Raleigh show!
Very sad, can't make it to the Columbia one, but headed to Raleigh July 20th and Durham in Sept, but just for supplies. You guys have fun.

BLUESIRTALIS
07-15-2013, 05:38 AM
Had a great time at the show! Scott Felzer is a great guy with some wonderful animals! We had all kinds of people that were just amazed at how colorful garters are and were told several times that we had the coolest display at the show! People were glad to see something different! Scott has very clean animals and the way he documents everything is great! All the animals I picked up from him were labeled with the subspecies, morph, locale, feeding chart, and what they were het for! Scott is very professional! Thanks for coming down to vend this show Scott! Always great to see Mike Myers as well! I hope you had a great time too Mike!

Scott F
07-15-2013, 06:59 AM
Hey Shawn,

Thanks for the kind words, you and BJ were great to vend with as well. We did get a lot of compliments, Shawn's similis are top notch, and his stripeless similis is a real beauty too. It was good to see Mike again too, him and Shawn are good peeps :).

guidofatherof5
07-15-2013, 07:11 AM
I do hope some photos were taken and they will be posted as soon as they are out of the soup.;):D

BLUESIRTALIS
07-15-2013, 07:30 AM
We were very busy so didn't get to snap pics at the show, but I will post some pics soon of the little beauties I got from Scott!!!
I do hope some photos were taken and they will be posted as soon as they are out of the soup.;):D

guidofatherof5
07-15-2013, 07:31 AM
Looking forward to the photos.

BLUESIRTALIS
07-15-2013, 07:31 AM
Thanks Scott!

mikem
07-15-2013, 11:04 AM
It was good seeing all of you guys there too! I had a great time! It was good to see so many garters at the show. Scott, that female I picked up from you finished shedding by the time I got home :cool:

BLUESIRTALIS
07-15-2013, 11:18 AM
All I can say is golden, golden, golden!:eek: If you have never seen the golden Easterns in person they are stunning!:eek: I can't wait until mine are adults!

mikem
07-15-2013, 12:10 PM
I snapped a pic of the one Scott had displayed!

guidofatherof5
07-15-2013, 12:24 PM
sweeet.

kueluck
07-16-2013, 05:22 AM
Nice, and I'm sure Mike came home with more than just ONE snake. ;) How many you up to now? Trying to play catch-up with Steve aren't ya. Hate that I wasn't able to make the show.

BLUESIRTALIS
07-16-2013, 07:41 AM
I picked up over 30 babies from Scott, and Mike picked up an adult female florida albino from Scott and a baby dbl Het Anery x Fl albino from me and that might be all that Mike picked up from the show! I hate you couldn't make it!
Nice, and I'm sure Mike came home with more than just ONE snake. ;) How many you up to now? Trying to play catch-up with Steve aren't ya. Hate that I wasn't able to make the show.

mikem
07-16-2013, 11:53 AM

Haha! Only two came home with me like Shawn said. One from him and one from Scott! I quit counting how many I have ;) It was fun, but at least you have a show to go to this coming weekend!

kueluck
07-17-2013, 05:21 AM
30 BABIES!!! So when are you building the addition?? And I'm looking forward to the Raleigh show this week and the ICExpo in Durham in Sept. Not looking to bring home any more critters, I'm very happy with what I have, but I'm always looking for supplies and just like looking at EVERYTHING reptile, amphibian, fuzzy, just not anything with more than 6 legs.

BLUESIRTALIS
07-17-2013, 11:24 AM
Well I don't plan to keep all of them. I think mike is getting a few and I may post a few up for sale later! I have well over 100 snakes to feed! I think the hubby kept you away from this show, because he caught wind of how many garters were there and he knows your an addict!
30 BABIES!!! So when are you building the addition?? And I'm looking forward to the Raleigh show this week and the ICExpo in Durham in Sept. Not looking to bring home any more critters, I'm very happy with what I have, but I'm always looking for supplies and just like looking at EVERYTHING reptile, amphibian, fuzzy, just not anything with more than 6 legs.

BLUESIRTALIS
07-07-2014, 10:53 AM
Well it's that time again. I'm vending this show with a friend flying in from az and mike myers this weekend. I know we'll have a blast! Lots of snake stories being told! Lol!

guidofatherof5
07-07-2014, 11:29 AM
Sounds like a good time.

slipknot711
07-07-2014, 12:25 PM
wish I could make it to one of these reptile shows! the ones i can ever make it to DO NOT have garters, not a single one.

BLUESIRTALIS
07-07-2014, 12:43 PM
This one will have several hundred garters! lol!

slipknot711
07-07-2014, 12:44 PM
I WANT TO GO!!!!!!!!!! ill have to plan for a vacation next time around

kueluck
07-08-2014, 04:40 AM
I'll see ya there. I LOVE this show!

BLUESIRTALIS
07-08-2014, 05:14 AM
great!
I'll see ya there. I LOVE this show!

Shanty
07-08-2014, 12:36 PM
1) Some show advice, Shawn. Never take the first watch at a table at a show. Always take the second watch, and troll the entire show before the doors open. Get first shot at the good ones. Let your partner be the envious one. OK, share.

2) Never take more snakes than you are willing to carry home, along with all of the snakes you are going to buy. Sadf but true.

3) Always have a fire sale the MORNING of the last day of the show. That way you'll have the first FIRE SALE of the show. Worked for me but really riled other vendors. But THEY aren't feeding MY snakes at home, are they?

4) Then have another fire sale the last hour of the show with way lower prices than make sense. More mad fellow vendors will eye you at this point, I'm sure. Offer to buy them a beer or coke or iced tea WITH the money you made with your TWO FIRE SALES.

5) Have a back-up plan. I made sure I NEVER came home from a show with ANY snakes or lizards. Since I practice strict bio-security, if the snake leaves my snakeroom, it WON'T return to my snakeroom. How? Made deals with local petshops for the extras I might have--but that takes a relationship established with GOOD petshop owners--not dirtbags who throw snakes into a 10-gallon aquarium, whip a sign on them for $10, and then don't CARE for them. Now, true, most of the time I attended shows in Tucson or Albuquerque (in the olden days). In those days BOTH cities had a few good petshops. I'd bet Tucson still does.

6) Take some small, stuffed toy herps with you. Used to know a guy back East who purchased them by the hundreds. I always bought a bag or two from him to take to a herp show. Threw them into a 10-gallon aquarium, whipped a sign stating they were $1 each, and then took great care of them. LOL. Parents could buy these for that 4-year old who wasn't going to be taking a snake home with them. Older kids could buy their own for the same reason. At the end of the show, during my second FIRE SALE, I'd hand out FREE stuffed herp toys to the kids whose parents bought way too many FIRE SALE snakes from me. Then I'd hand them out FREE to the kids watching from a distance whose parents were too smart to buy snakes during my FIRE SALE. It touched my heart to see those eys light up as they cuddled those yellow turtles or pink snakes or purple frogs. Not a standard show parctice, I'm sure, but I'm just saying . . .

6) Tell lots of snake lies, er, stories and have fun with like-minded people who enjoy herps as much as you do! You rock, Shawn dude!

mikem
07-10-2014, 08:43 PM
All great advice there Shanty! Shawn, if I'm taking first watch, you better not get all the good stuff! I'm actually sending you out with a shopping list, so if you see anything I want, you better let me know, lol! :p

BLUESIRTALIS
07-11-2014, 05:12 AM
You better keep your eyes open for my list too! Lol!

all great advice there shanty! Shawn, if i'm taking first watch, you better not get all the good stuff! I'm actually sending you out with a shopping list, so if you see anything i want, you better let me know, lol! :p

guidofatherof5
07-11-2014, 05:48 AM
I'll take any doubles you guys get from these lists.
No need to thank me, that's what friends are for. You've got my address., right :D

starkitten
07-27-2014, 08:02 PM
Hello BLUESIRTALIS, we met you at Repticon and talked for a while. We were the couple who took home your female Chicago Garter (wild caught 2 year captive) and a baby male (which we affectionately named noodle.) along with that Dusky Pygmy Rattler from another table. They adjusted very well, the adult eats like a freakin lunatic which got her the nickname Luna, and our little guy readily accepted the unscented chopped pinkies.

I'm sad to admit that the baby garter, noodle, escaped the other night. I was keeping him in sterilite but moved him to this ZooMed vivarium because I was afraid that he'd eventually escape with the way he liked to wedge himself between the lid at the very top of the tub. Ironically the same night that I moved him to the ZooMed vivarium or whatever, he escaped. D: The vivarium was designed for frogs but I thought it'd work perfectly. I was completely baffled and confused about how he managed to escape until I did a closer inspection of the locking screen at the top and we noticed that it had two holes on each side just big enough for a squirmy little baby garter snake to squeeze through. I really wish that I had inspected the vivarium a bit closer before moving him. Right now we have a heating lamp set out with food traps underneath it, heating pads, hides, everything we could think of pretty much. And we turned the snake room upside down looking for him and still no sign of the little guy. I'm really hoping that he'll show up. I was looking forward to watching him grow up and eventually breeding him.

Sorry for posting to this thread instead of PMing you but I'm a noob and I can't figure out how to get the site to allow me to PM.

My question to you was do you have anymore of the baby chicagos available, or any garters just in general, if so how much would it cost to have them shipped. I'm really happy with your snakes. Please get back to me. :)

BLUESIRTALIS
07-28-2014, 05:37 AM
It was very nice meeting you guy's at the show! Sorry to hear about the little scrub, but maybe he will turn up! I'm just glad it wasn't the pygmy that snuck out, lol! Also post a thread in the welcome lounge and you will see that everyone on here is great! I'll send you a pm in a little bit. Welcome to the forums! If ya'll live in Greenwood you may want to ride up to my house if you're interested in babies I live pretty close to Greenville.
Hello BLUESIRTALIS, we met you at Repticon and talked for a while. We were the couple who took home your female Chicago Garter (wild caught 2 year captive) and a baby male (which we affectionately named noodle.) along with that Dusky Pygmy Rattler from another table. They adjusted very well, the adult eats like a freakin lunatic which got her the nickname Luna, and our little guy readily accepted the unscented chopped pinkies.

I'm sad to admit that the baby garter, noodle, escaped the other night. I was keeping him in sterilite but moved him to this ZooMed vivarium because I was afraid that he'd eventually escape with the way he liked to wedge himself between the lid at the very top of the tub. Ironically the same night that I moved him to the ZooMed vivarium or whatever, he escaped. D: The vivarium was designed for frogs but I thought it'd work perfectly. I was completely baffled and confused about how he managed to escape until I did a closer inspection of the locking screen at the top and we noticed that it had two holes on each side just big enough for a squirmy little baby garter snake to squeeze through. I really wish that I had inspected the vivarium a bit closer before moving him. Right now we have a heating lamp set out with food traps underneath it, heating pads, hides, everything we could think of pretty much. And we turned the snake room upside down looking for him and still no sign of the little guy. I'm really hoping that he'll show up. I was looking forward to watching him grow up and eventually breeding him.

Sorry for posting to this thread instead of PMing you but I'm a noob and I can't figure out how to get the site to allow me to PM.

My question to you was do you have anymore of the baby chicagos available, or any garters just in general, if so how much would it cost to have them shipped. I'm really happy with your snakes. Please get back to me. :)