PDA

View Full Version : male Puget Sound garter in SF Bay Area - free

DrKate
05-13-2011, 12:42 AM
I need to find a home for one of my two 2-year-old male Puget Sound garters. They're clutchmates, captive bred by a friend, and I've had them since 4 weeks old (which is when they were probed).

They're blue phase, with bright light-blue ventrum and dorsal stripe (trying to attach a photo). About 2 feet long and 1/2" thick. Regular sheds, no medical problems, enclosure has been warm year-round and they've gone right on eating through the winters. Currently eating f/t pinkies and silversides.

These guys are active, curious, not aggressive, but *not* hand tame. Despite my best efforts, we've been having more frequent scary food fight incidents lately. I can't work with them separately very easily given my current setup, so I'd like to re-home at least one of them for their own well-being.

Delivery could be made within the SF Bay Area, and I may be able to get one to Redding over Memorial Day weekend. I'm also traveling to Texas by car (via SoCal, NV, AZ, NM) in mid-June, and could probably bring one along with me if you're somewhere on the way. I'm willing to try shipping if you really want to, but I don't have any experience with it.

Thanks for reading! PM with questions, interest, etc.