PDA

View Full Version : New house

Falcon
04-01-2011, 02:04 AM
Hello everyone!

Thanks for your advices.
Here´s the very first house for my new snake -I´m still thinking bout the name- and I´m waiting for the lights...

Now, let´s see. Here in Monterrey Mexico is very hot and dry during the spring and in the summer, but the most important thing is we can wake up with 60.8 degrees and by lunch we are taking off our suits because is 86 outside, and we will sleep with 60.8 at night. The weather girl said that we will "enjoy" 104 degrees on Sunday!

I put a pair of thermal pad in the hot area of the enclosure -you can see the wires- and a plant and a bowl with water. What else do you recommend?

And one more thing: the little snake is UNDER the substrate, why is that? She stays in the middle of the enclosure... I´ve only heard about that in the corn snakes... is that all right?

Well, thanks again... have a nice weekend!
Liliana.

p.s. The bad temper girl on the side is "Vibo", my six years corallus hortelanus or boa cook.

Recién llegada | Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=289299&id=724681493&l=bd47aac0a3)

BLUESIRTALIS
04-01-2011, 05:37 AM
Nice enclosures, that tree boa looks very happy. Both snakes look very nice and healthy. Garter snakes tend to hide under the substrate from time to time nothing to worry about, just make sure it don't get to hot in there. You're doing great.

guidofatherof5
04-01-2011, 05:53 AM
If the only hide is at the hot end of the enclosure it may be too hot at this time. Hence, hiding under the substrate.
Do you know the temp. at the hot end?
My snakes will spend time in the cool hide and then switch to the warm hide for a few weeks.
Fickled little scrubs:D

ConcinusMan
04-01-2011, 10:07 AM
I have a few garter snakes that prefer to spend most of their time under substrate or in their hiding place. Those few garter snakes are shy and feel safe when they cannot be seen.

I am sure your snake is hiding so he can feel safe. That is OK. If the room with the snakes in it gets very warm then the heat pad may be unnecessary. It might get too hot and heat pads can burn your snake. Be careful.

Falcon
04-01-2011, 02:40 PM
Hello again.
Thanks for your replies.
The new babay is now outside, she looks beautiful indeed.
I´ll be watching about the heat pads, thanks again...
Liliana.