*hes red
*garters are venomous so hes HOT

ConcinusMan
03-10-2011, 01:09 PM
Warm, not hot.

mustang
03-10-2011, 01:10 PM
Warm, not hot.
any snake with venom is hot (lethal to human or not....warm was just how one person said it)

ConcinusMan
03-10-2011, 02:48 PM
any snake with venom is hot (lethal to human or not....warm was just how one person said it)

Some how I doubt that the "warm herping" became widely used because only one person said it.:rolleyes:

Stefan-A
03-10-2011, 03:56 PM
Both are slang terms. "Hot" is supposed to convey the message that a snake is venomous and "warm" is intended to put the danger the venom poses into perspective. In other words, hot and warm are not mutually exclusive.

But perhaps even more importantly, what's the point in arguing over the use of these terms? The terms are already being applied incorrectly to mean venomous animal, instead of thermal energy.

ConcinusMan
03-10-2011, 04:01 PM
You've done it once again Stefan. I can only laugh at that.:D

MasSalvaje
03-10-2011, 04:50 PM
You've done it once again Stefan. I can only laugh at that.:D

Because he is right?

-Thomas

ConcinusMan
03-10-2011, 05:51 PM
I was mainly referring to his last sentence. That's funny ship.

MasSalvaje
03-10-2011, 09:34 PM
I was mainly referring to his last sentence. That's funny ship.

I agree. It's funny because it's real.

-Thomas

aSnakeLovinBabe
03-10-2011, 11:31 PM
Oh Stefan, how I love you :p

ConcinusMan
03-11-2011, 12:05 AM
I still say garters are warm herping. keeping in mind what Stefan said, I just reached into Big Bertha's enclosure for a little "hand snuggle". She definitely feels warm to me, not hot.:p

mustang
03-11-2011, 09:51 AM
right well a kid had got bitten by garters and went into amaphalectic shock so it could be lethal (even if its an allergic reaction)

guidofatherof5
03-11-2011, 10:51 AM
right well a kid had got bitten by garters and went into amaphalectic shock so it could be lethal (even if its an allergic reaction)

Interesting. Where'd you hear that? Any article you can link to?

mustang
03-11-2011, 12:04 PM
Interesting. Where'd you hear that? Any article you can link to?
somewhere on this site a while ago....:rolleyes: donnt know how long but ime flies here (unless noone else is on:rolleyes::rolleyes:)

Stefan-A
03-11-2011, 12:05 PM
The word you are looking for is Anaphylaxis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anaphylaxis)

mustang
03-11-2011, 12:11 PM
The word you are looking for is Anaphylaxis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anaphylaxis)
im reffering to the thing that happens to me when i eat penuts (that swellls up and need epi-pen) i dont have time to open link to check if your right (which you probably are) i gotta log off soon:(

Stefan-A
03-11-2011, 12:53 PM
im reffering to the thing that happens to me when i eat penuts (that swellls up and need epi-pen) i dont have time to open link to check if your right (which you probably are) i gotta log off soon:(Same page, further down.
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anaphylaxis#Anaphylactic_shock)

MasSalvaje
03-11-2011, 02:55 PM
im reffering to the thing that happens to me when i eat penuts (that swellls up and need epi-pen) i dont have time to open link to check if your right (which you probably are) i gotta log off soon:(

Does that mean we should label peanuts warm or hot? I am really allergic to mice and rats, I get really bad asthma attacks if I hold them or am around them for very long, does that mean they are warm or hot?

-Thomas

guidofatherof5
03-11-2011, 02:58 PM
Can you handle none fur(pinkies) mice without problems?

MasSalvaje
03-11-2011, 03:09 PM
Can you handle none fur(pinkies) mice without problems?

Only while they are frozen if the are live or thawed I react to them, live happens a lot soon and a lot stronger, with the pinkies I just get hives and really itchy. I always react to adults, live, thawed, or frozen but again I react to live ones more severely.

-Thomas

guidofatherof5
03-11-2011, 03:33 PM
If you ever visit the Ranch.
Don't have any of the surprise casserole at dinner:D

ConcinusMan
03-11-2011, 04:45 PM
Eeeww!

kibakiba
03-11-2011, 06:20 PM
I consider garters as "warm"... Though I don't like the term "hot" or "warm" for snake keeping. I got bit by Mama yesterday when I was cleaning her tank and I couldn't find my lavender oil, so I rinsed my hand off and ignored the pain. After about 10 minutes, my hand was purple and pain was shooting up my arm. Even after that, I know it's a reaction due to my sensitivity to their saliva/venom. For most people it's too weak to do much, in fact, most people would never know they had any sort of venom because it is so mild.
I understand you want to impress the ladies with the "hot" thing... But unless you have a... A mamba, rattler, cobra, whatever. It's not really "hot".

mustang
03-20-2011, 08:52 AM
If you ever visit the Ranch.
Don't have any of the surprise casserole at dinner:D
ill love it(its better than caffeteria food THANK GOD FOR OFF CAMPUS LUNCH ON A BUISNESS STREET!

i wont impress ladies by being hot.....sorry "foreigner" im cold blooded heart and soul.

5c1m2BAg2Sc