PDA

View Full Version : Major bummer

ssssnakeluvr
03-01-2011, 10:42 AM
I just went by my favorite den site in at the north end of Salt Lake City and got a surprise.... it is all be gone now. the area is undeveloped at the north end of town, theres a subdivision by it, but has been open fields for years. a large soccer complex is going in and they have bulldozed most of the area. the den doesn't appear bulldozed yet, but can't get in due to fencing around the area. it was along a popular trail for people to walk their dogs. sad...... :(

Stefan-A
03-01-2011, 10:43 AM
Aw crap. Really sorry to hear it.

guidofatherof5
03-01-2011, 10:57 AM
What a shame. Progress(so called) has many costs.

Any chance you can get permission from the construction company to go in.
Not sure what you can do but collect snakes. Then what? Relocating effects the whole Eco system and I'm sure you have plenty of snakes.
Best of luck.

Stefan-A
03-01-2011, 11:02 AM
No point in relocating.

ssssnakeluvr
03-01-2011, 11:18 AM
over the last couple of years the population there had been depleted....rocks removed, area destroyed. 2 years ago I saw no snakes in the spring, last year I managed to find 1 lone male. they will probably have bulldozed the den site before its warm enough for them (if there are any left) come out.

gregmonsta
03-01-2011, 03:12 PM
Damn us big brain monkeys!!!!!

ConcinusMan
03-01-2011, 03:47 PM
I hate it when that happens. Damn developers completely wiped out a population of T. ordinoides where I used to find melanistic ones pretty often. I'm really mad about that one.:mad: