PDA

View Full Version : Ice, Ice, Baby

guidofatherof5
02-15-2011, 10:27 PM
I try to give my snakes a lot of different stimuli. They are always curious about cameras, camcorders, a glass of water, just about anything catches their attention. I've found they are calmer when they get to checkout more items. Ignoring things I put in a second time. They probably remember it by sight and smell and feel no need to investigate. I'm up to 10 items with one group.
Today, I put some crushed ice in a small water dish. I thought it would be interesting to see how they reacted to such a cold item.
A couple came out but most just smelled it from the hide.
http://www.thamnophis.com/thamphotos/data//500/medium/ice2.jpg

kibakiba
02-15-2011, 10:35 PM
When I first got Snakey we were going through a drought and it was over 100 degrees, our house heats up like an oven since we don't have an AC. I put a large piece of ice in his water dish and he curled himself around it.

guidofatherof5
02-15-2011, 10:41 PM
When I first got Snakey we were going through a drought and it was over 100 degrees, our house heats up like an oven since we don't have an AC. I put a large piece of ice in his water dish and he curled himself around it.

That's cool. Get it?:D

kibakiba
02-15-2011, 10:46 PM
Haha, yeah. He seems to enjoy having ice in his dish every once in a while. The babies get scared when I put some in there, haha.