PDA

View Full Version : checker has changed his attitude!

mustang
12-29-2010, 04:15 PM
iv noticed since he's started eating again and been more active due to heat lamps he had been very aggressive...i wave my hand outside his cage, he come out looking curious, then *BAM* right against the glass. im in fear for my fingers! hes been off food for 5-7 weeks so im feeding him a little a day. will the food entering his system decrease aggression later on. Any ideas? im worried bout my fingers and checkers constant head banging. (he only does it when i wiggle things like my finger in front of the glass so i stopped doing it, but im still worried)

guidofatherof5
12-29-2010, 04:23 PM
Don't wiggle things in front of him.:D
After he gets back up to cruising weight he might settle down.

mustang
12-29-2010, 04:25 PM
Don't wiggle things in front of him.:D
After he gets back up to cruising weight he might settle down.
i hope...but i hadnt notice any real weight loss in him thats why im puzzled....it is probably just me tho....i got change his pool(ya the pool water) should i hold him?

guidofatherof5
12-29-2010, 05:30 PM
i hope...but i hadnt notice any real weight loss in him thats why im puzzled....it is probably just me tho....i got change his pool(ya the pool water) should i hold him?

I have found with my radixes the only way I can break aggressive behavior is to hold them.
It can take a long time for some snakes but all I have tried it with have become much more docile.

ConcinusMan
12-29-2010, 07:43 PM
Might want to do that in the AM after a nice cool night. After he's fully warmed up, he might be a bit uncooperative.

Glad to hear that checker is feeling better. Just make sure he's not getting too hot.

mustang
12-29-2010, 10:15 PM
hes hot blooded till i touch him and he relizes im not smaller than him! poor little guy needs to push something around...should i put a mantus in?
:P

ConcinusMan
12-30-2010, 03:13 AM
Maybe. The mantis I had in with my snakes broke those snakes and rode them like a bronco! I could almost hear the mantis yelling "yeeehaaaw!"

mustang
12-30-2010, 12:00 PM
oh ya i think somethings wrong with a patch of scales...maybe rotting. ill post a pic when i can...dont worry im keepn an eye on it