PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Member

andycul
12-18-2010, 04:37 PM
Hi everyone. I have only just become a member here, wasn't sure about joining as i don't actually own any snakes (or any other kinds of animals) at the moment. However after speaking to Gregmonsta (who is a good friend of mine) he said I would be welcome. I have been checking out the forums for a while and have to say that this site is great, all the members really seem to know their stuff and seem really friendly.
Hopefully once i have enough money to get my own place i will be a proud owner of at least 1 lovely garter. :)

Stefan-A
12-18-2010, 04:40 PM
Welcome aboard.

infernalis
12-18-2010, 04:41 PM
http://www.thamfriends.com/mat.jpg

guidofatherof5
12-18-2010, 05:12 PM
The Gilfillan's from Iowa welcome you to the forum.
Greg is a very good man.
I hope you become the caretaker of a fine garter snake soon.;)

andycul
12-18-2010, 05:30 PM
Thanks for the welcome messages :)
I have been a fan of Garter's ever since i was at high school, I used to take worms in to feed the one my biology teacher had and even took it home over the holidays a few times.
Greg is a really good guy Steve and I'm glad to say that he lets me handle some of his snakies when i go round to see him :D

guidofatherof5
12-18-2010, 06:01 PM
Thanks for the welcome messages :)
I have been a fan of Garter's ever since i was at high school, I used to take worms in to feed the one my biology teacher had and even took it home over the holidays a few times.
Greg is a really good guy Steve and I'm glad to say that he lets me handle some of his snakies when i go round to see him :D

You may be new to this forum but it sounds like you have been infected by what we all suffer from. It's a good thing.
It also sounds like you have had a chance to see and handle some of the fine T.radixes that Greg has.
If I may suggest a T.radix for your first garter.
I won't go into detail as to why that should be your choice. I'll let Greg do that:D

Odie
12-18-2010, 09:44 PM
Hi, from Oregon, andycul :)

drache
12-18-2010, 09:56 PM
welcome to the forum

andycul
12-18-2010, 10:06 PM
Thanks Odie and Drache :D
I'm glad I finally signed up for this site, there is a lot of great stuff i wasn't able to read before

kibakiba
12-18-2010, 11:57 PM
Welcome to the forum, Andycul. I hope you'll enjoy your stay here and I cant wait until you can get your own garter snake. :D

gregmonsta
12-19-2010, 07:47 AM
Oh no .... not YOU!!!! :rolleyes: .... Glad you jumped aboard buddy :D.

andycul
12-19-2010, 10:12 AM
Oh no .... not YOU!!!! :rolleyes: .... Glad you jumped aboard buddy :D.

Hey its your fault I'm here matey :D LOL. I'm glad i finally joined up though :D

andycul
12-19-2010, 10:22 AM
Welcome to the forum, Andycul. I hope you'll enjoy your stay here and I cant wait until you can get your own garter snake. :D

Thanks for the welcome.
I know I will enjoy my stay here (been popping in and out for e few months now reading the posts).
Even though I'm not an owner i have been made to feel very welcome by everyone :D

kibakiba
12-19-2010, 05:21 PM
It's because we have an evil plan to infect all new members without garter snakes with a virus that makes you very vulnerable to buying them... As time passes you won't be able to live without having a (large amount) garter snake(s). Muahahaha... Erm... I didn't say anything. :D

andycul
12-19-2010, 08:00 PM
It's because we have an evil plan to infect all new members without garter snakes with a virus that makes you very vulnerable to buying them... As time passes you won't be able to live without having a (large amount) garter snake(s). Muahahaha... Erm... I didn't say anything. :D

If I wasn't living with my mum (who is terrified of snakes :() I would already have at least 1. For the moment I will just have to make do with admiring all the amazing pictures of everyones gorgeous snakes on here...... and Gregs when i go through to see him :D

EasternGirl
12-19-2010, 08:49 PM
Welcome! I'm new here too...I've been a member for about a week now. Just got my first snake, an Eastern Garter I found in my basement. Everyone is very cool and helpful on here. Good luck getting a snake!

kibakiba
12-19-2010, 08:59 PM
My mom is also afraid of snakes. I had to beg her to let me keep Snakey. She hated him for the first few months but she grew to love him. She wasn't sure about me keeping Mama or Runt, but I did anyway and she loves them too. Then I told her about the concinnus I wanted... And she let me get them, but after we got them I told her they'd be bigger than Mama... She wasn't happy. :D She's still scared of holding them or feeding them for me, but she tolerates them and will occasionally touch them if I'm holding them.

andycul
12-20-2010, 08:26 PM
My mom is also afraid of snakes. I had to beg her to let me keep Snakey. She hated him for the first few months but she grew to love him. She wasn't sure about me keeping Mama or Runt, but I did anyway and she loves them too. Then I told her about the concinnus I wanted... And she let me get them, but after we got them I told her they'd be bigger than Mama... She wasn't happy. :D She's still scared of holding them or feeding them for me, but she tolerates them and will occasionally touch them if I'm holding them.

I'm glad you are managing to convert your mum, unfortunately my mum is so scared she cant even stay in the same room as a snake. My biology teacher at school had a garter snake and at the parents night she had to talk to my mum in the corridor cause mum knew there was a snake in the room.

kibakiba
12-20-2010, 10:33 PM
My mom was the same way. I'm really stubborn when I want something, and Snakey was the cutest thing I had seen in my life. She knew I wasn't going to let go of him. Besides, the reason we kept him was because there was a big drought here. I was going to let him go after it started raining again... But I got so attached. Hopefully it wont be too long before you can get a garter of your own. :D